The Red Tent--a question about the story of Dinah

by athenafirestone 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• athenafirestone
    athenafirestone

I just finished listening to Anita Diamant's "The Red Tent". This was the second time through for me with this, in my opinion, really good book, but I realized that I have forgotten what the bible actually says about Dinah and her brothers (well, but of course, the bible has a lot more to say about her brothers in general, simply because they were male). I don't have a bible anymore and wouldn't know where to look if I did have one, so I was wondering if someone could point me to the approximate location in the bible of the "story" of Dinah.

Thanks in advance!

Bethany

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Try going here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/ and put Dinah into the search engine.

And welcome to the forum, btw.

• athenafirestone
    athenafirestone

Thanks for the link!

Oh and I am not actually "new". I was posting under the alias "recoveringjw", but something screwy happened and I had to re-register.

(but thanks, because it has been awhile since I have posted)

Bethany

• Narkissos
  • euripides
    euripides

Genesis 34. I believe the book you've read/heard is 'historical fiction.' There is a book I'm working on right now (reading) called Dinah's Rebellion by Ita Sheres, a work of scholarship. I will let you know my take on it when I'm through if you're interested.

• Scully
    Scully

I've just finished reading The Red Tent last week - I thoroughly enjoyed Anita Diamant's "take" on the story of Dinah. It's been a really long time since a novel captured my attention this way... the author certainly makes the story believable, showing the founding fathers of Judaism in a very human, very flawed way, from the point of view of the silenced women of the Bible.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit