Is God cruel or Schiziod really???

by Brummie 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brummie
    Brummie

I thought the URL posted beneath this article was an interesting response from the Christian perspective to the question asked: At the outset God made this into a life-and-death situation. God staked the entire future of mankind on this one event. We lost. The moment that Adam and Eve ate that fruit, wheels were set in motion that would ultimately result in the doom of mankind. Without some kind of intervention from God we would all be damned. God does promise to intervene, but it's like building a nuclear bomb and setting it to go off in a large city at 12:00. Then, when all of the people of the city come to you for mercy, you disarm it for them. Does that make you a hero for disarming it or a lunatic for building it in the first place? The whole thing was orchestrated to make us feel dependent upon God. That says a lot about God's character.

In the last couple of days since I read this site, it is hard for me to be glad that Jesus is my Savior, because now it seems like He's saving me from something He started in the first place! A related question that an atheist asked me long ago that I still don't know is: why did God create billions of people that He knew would end up in Hell? Isn't that cruel? Please answer soon if you can, this is bothering me very much.

Thanks,

the christian response is here:

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/gutripper.html#ark

A long read but posted just incase you have time to read it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

good grief one thing not to ask about christianity is WHY . if there were an answer to WHY people would know it by now instead of conjecture.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well I cant remember a darn thing it said but I'm sure it was interesting at the time.. :)

Brummie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If God is like most Christians paint him, then why is everyone afraid of Satan? God seems to me to be just about as dangerous. The Blue Meanies have come. Now where is Ringo with that 'ole?

• myelaine
    myelaine

Brummie,

God didn't create people to go to hell. We populated the earth with many different kinds of people. People choose what kind of person they want to be. If you believe in hell then you might also believe that one is responsible for his or her destination. God would be cruel if He dangled heaven in front of us knowing that there was no way for us to enter if we weren't "good little people" all of our lives.

michelle

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hello Myelaine :) If you read the response (I know its a bit lengthy) it will demonstrate how people have the wrong view of God, and that God is NOT cruel, the original question was asked by someone who had been reading a sceptics website, I think the Christian who responded gave a good defence for what they believed, a defence we seldom see.

He also dealt with the case of the man who went to save the Ark of Covenant and was struck dead for doing something that seemed harmless, he gives a different perspective based on the scriptures. You might agree.

Brummie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I reached my limit of reading 6-syllable words for the day after about 20% of his text, and unfortunately he hadn't quite made his way around to explaining much of anything yet. I did read his 17 points of missing data from Genesis chapter 3, without which he claims we can't really say WHAT happened.

Does this guy buy the Bible? He seems to, but only enough to get him aloft, then he seems to soar pretty well under his own power.

I also found his remarks (the parenthetical ones [hidden inside multiple {nested} braces]) a bit difficult to follow.

Especially in view of his upfront admission that reading his whole thesis would still leave the question wholly unanswered, I don't think I'll be going back for round two. It's this sort of stuff that makes me want to delete the "Almost" from my handle!

Dave

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I don't think I'll be going back for round two

spoilsport! ;) You have rejected Jahs provision...

just kiddin

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit