Enjoy life..

by Introspection 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Introspection
    Introspection

I was in my speech class today and we were told to do acting exercises. I noticed some people in the class were just having so much fun, but I really just couldn't get into a character. I suddenly realized that they must enjoy life more than I do. Although I like reading about psychology and philosophy, finding meaning and gaining understanding about life and human nature, it occurred to me living it is completely different.

I haven't had anything that can qualify as depression in a long time, and though this thought may sound sad I am not depressed about it either. But on the other hand I don't get all that excited about a lot of the simple things in life. I'm sure many out there go through some tough times in their life, but no doubt you also have good times. I guess the important thing is if there are things you're able to enjoy, you're doing something right..

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease." -Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Introspection-Sometimes I feel that way,too.In fact,it often seems to me that I simply don't feel as much as others.It worries me a little bit that I don't even get as sad or as mad as I believe I should sometimes.Maybe I'm afraid to-my mother is bi-polar,and I suppose I fear that.
    But I think I enjoy life and hopefully you do too.There is a difference,I think ,in what we feel and what we show others...
    Oh well,just my thoughts.By the way,I enjoy your posts,you come up with some interesting things.

Cowboy

• Caole
    Caole

Hi guys, I feel the same way sometimes. I envy those people that can "let it all hang out". I think that in my case I'm worried about the other peoples perception of me...afraid of crossing the line. Here's an example: I'm funny...I'm funny...I'm funny...BAM!..I'm weird. There was a line somewhere, and I crossed it It does seem to be getting better with age. It doesn't matter as much what other people think. I'm getting better at knowing where that line is too

There's a line from the Eagles song "Desperado" that goes, "You're losin' all your highs and lows. Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?" I've often wondered about that. It just seems that people have different "emotional spectrums" so to speak. It doesn't mean that they're cold or uncaring...and it certainly doesn't make them less of a person. Great posts!

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me" Stuart Smalley

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Intro,

Interesting thought. I guess I would classify myself the same way...almost.

I too used to worry that my feelings were somehow numbed by life and I was incapable of enjoying life as much as other people. Then as I matured a little more, and experienced some personal growth, I figured out that I was NEVER going to be one of those people who are considered "the life of the party". I do not like to draw attention to myself. I have a good time, and I enjoy things...but I do it rather quietly. That is just me, I accept that. And I enjoy life every day...beautiful sunsets...a hug from one of my children...our little kitten playing in the grass...all these things bring me joy. I just don't go around dancing in the street about it!

Tracy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit