It's funny how the little things seem so big.

by kwintestal 3 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yesterday my 6-year old daughter broke her arm at school. Just a little break, but a break all the same. She's doing great, and kept her good sence of humour the whole way through.

This was her first visit to the hospital, so they had to get all of her personal information.

They came to this question ... "Do you want to put anything down for religion?"

Mrs. Kwin says ... "No."

For some reason it just seems like a bigger deal then it is.

Kwin

• Scully
    Scully

Good move. I hope your daughter's arm heals quickly and that she's not in too much pain.

I have said this several times on JWD: if you don't want JWs to know that you are in hospital, do not disclose any religious affiliation. If you have records on file at any hospital that indicate that you are JW, have those records changed to NIL or NO RELIGION.

During a chart review at work recently, I recognized a very unique name on the admission form - it was the signature of one of the Admitting Department clerks at the hospital. It bugged me for a while that I couldn't place the name or remember where I had heard the person's name before... then it dawned on me... this person is a JW, and in a "perfect" position to notify the HLC if someone known as a JW suddenly is admitted to hospital after an accident where they might require blood transfusions or other blood products.

It made me feel ill, just thinking about that.

Love, Scully

• Will Power
    Will Power

Good thing about kids and breaks - they sure heal quick. Its a scary thing tho - the whole hospital thing. How did it happen? Can she still write?

Give her a big hug.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

They sure say that a lot about gumby...

Seriously, like rehab, it's a bunch of baby steps and then suddenly it is a huge leap!

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit