Submission to Authority??Why is it needed?

by frankiespeakin 7 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

We all submit to authority we are a gregoious species. It seems some type of authority is needed to have communities. Authority is needed to protect human rights. Authority means protection it from the thief,,the murderers,,the greedy,,the mean,,yet authority has been also in the hands of men that will murder,hate,,steal,,lie,,..Don't get me wrong not every person in authority is bad it's just that they are all human,,and there is the strangest thing: we invest authority in man to protect us from men. Authority brings us just as much comfort as it does pain I think because it is not a solution to the problems,,it is more like a sign that evolution needs to take another course in man's moral development (survial of the strongest sneakiest and greediest can only take us so far up the evolutionary ladder. Giving great authority to governments is not a good way to go.

• Realist
    Realist

franky,

it seems you are an anarchist. quite an interesting ideology. i like its proposals and connection to communism. a very idealistic point of view.

sadly not a realistic one. the principle of the alpha male and female is too deeply ingrained in our genes. natural evolution has come to an end. the only possibility would be artificial imrpovement of our genetic code. something far out of reach at the moment.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

"Anarchy is the highest expression of order." (Elisée Reclus, 1895).

• Mutz
    Mutz

It's not but it's a handy tool for the few who want to control the many.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

We can't help but assign authority to an "alpha". Humans are social animals; therefore creating a social "pecking order" is instinctive to us.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Real,

the only possibility would be artificial imrpovement of our genetic code. something far out of reach at the moment.

That's what I was thinking. I think evolution is like the fractal,,as you go farther into it the design changes the paterns change and that's the way I think evolution is.

Nark,

I believe it. What man needs now is a better brain that figures out what is true,,and recognizes false assumptions. I beleive that that is where man is headed. I'm guessing positive direction for our species.

Mutz,

I think each one of us created this system from our own fears. If we had no fears we would never submit.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Else,

I think evolution does away with traits that were once usefull but later become deadly,, so I think we will make some pretty drastic trait changes to just survive. Survival of the fitest may mean fit in a whole new way we never even concidered yet.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

... because they said so?

Seriously, there is a difference between what you might call a contrived authority and a natural authority. What I am calling contrived authority is heirarchical and has a locus of control, whereas neither of these apply to natural authority. This can actually be see intra-personally. People are sometimes very driven, it may be emotional or intellectual - maybe they are goal oriented and such. But in spite of how this may help them attain certain goals something is inevitably left out, maybe someone works too hard and neglects their health or something. In this case the reality of the body's biological needs set in, and the contrived authority of the mind can only go so far. Of course this doesn't mean you're never going to exert yourself physically, but if there is going to be function in harmony with natural authority, be it on a biological level or something else, then it is simply taken into consideration - and the gross, mind based structure is not foolishly imposed to the detriment of the existing physical structure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit