Bible Code

by sinamongurl 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Hi Everyone:

Its been a while since I posted.

Can anyone tell me if there are any threads on here about the Bible Code....

specifically a book entitled Bible Code written by Michael Drosnin

I am "freaked" out about it and now more than ever am convinced that I am going to die at Armageddon

It predicts 2006 as the end.

Both my sister and my mother are digruntled at me because of how I have been affected. Any info would be very cool

Thanks, Sin

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Don't worry...the Bible Code notion is pseudoscience. Try google the words "Bible Code" and "Moby Dick" for more info....

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

One of the worst pile of crap I've ever seen.

Cf. for instance http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html

Edited to add: check the links on the above page. Some of them are hilarious.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I just deciphered a code in the bible that says "sinomongirl will NOT die at armageddon - she will live a long happy life as an exjw."

• kls
    kls

You know the old saying of ,,Don't believe everything you red, well it is true. You can take your pick in a book store of lots of books talking of the end of time but that is just what it is ,talk. Anyone can put what they want down on paper and there will always be some one who will buy it and believe it. Sounds like a certain cult we all know.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

Thank you everyone

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A religious work mate of mine lent me a copy and I did read it .

When I returned it I gave him some notes as to why I felt it was baloney, (only a little more polite than that). The fact that they look for words going upwards, downwards, sideways and diagonal , leaves it open to being interpreted any old way you want.

The skeptics site was very good at debunking it

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I saw a program on the Bible Code on the History Channel, and it just gave an overview of it. Seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. The only way anyone knows what the prophecies are is after they've happened. Even the Society can do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit