I'm having "doubts".

by kwintestal 6 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Wouldn't you consider a "doubt" to be a very weak word for how you felt upon learning what really is going on with the WTS?

I was really giving that term a lot of thought the other day, and it really is a term to keep control, because it makes it sound like heck, you're just confused and don't know what's going on.

WTS says: "Friends are going online and looking at Apostate material and getting doubts."

Of course they're not going to say "Friends are going online and looking at Apostate material and are becomming thoroughly convinced that what we're teaching is wrong."

By telling members of the org. that those who leave, leave because of doubts, doesn't tell the whole story.

So do you have "doubts"?

Kwin

• Confucious
    Confucious

I remember when I was fully a Dub and they talked about "doubts."

I was FULLY convinced this was the truth.

Maybe it's me, but when it comes to doubts - it's either there or it's not there.

For example...

A lot of time, they (the WT) consider doubts "the sister that pissed you off or the elder that did you wrong."

But to me, the things I know NOW are not doubts... They are real issues that they WON'T address.

The way I tell it... Right now, I cannot CONSCIENCIOUSLY become a JW. I CAN'T go door to door anymore.

Because in doing so - I would feel disloyal to GOD.

I mean, after knowing ALL THAT I LEARNED here and on other sites, I would be a hypocrite at the door.

Con

• dorothy
    dorothy

You're right, I wouldn't refer to it as doubts either. More like fed up of their controlling crap. Also, reading the Bible, getting to know Jesus and being pretty damn sure that what they were teaching was NOT what he intended.

Talk about oppressive wolves.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Kwin...doubt is really a play on words, theocratic warfare so to speak. As long as you express just doubts the Elders are required to try and readjust you or help you. Your family members are also a little more compassionate as the WT even talks about doubts being normal human behavior.

It only takes a short time for the doubts to become substantiated facts through research. When I'm asked now if I have doubts I say no, they were only doubts until I researched into them and found they were facts and only the tip of the iceberg.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

You're right - the word "doubts" is far too weak to describe what I felt when I first started to research my beliefs. I found out about the child abuse scandal and became enraged, and that's what prompted my research. Everything I learned during the course of my research enraged me even more.

I have no doubts. I am firmly convinced that the watchtower is a dangerous, abusive cult. I would be very happy to see SWAT teams converge on kingdom halls and bethels, arrest everyone and force the JWs to undergo cult deprogramming. All watchtower property should be sold and used to compensate watchtower victims.

Walter

• Preston
    Preston

I call it a moment of clarity

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Doubting Thomas was still an apostle....

It wasn't so much the WT and it's teachings that got to me. It was the behaviour of the elders and congregations in general. If this was truly Jah's org, than they would behave differently.

Peace

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit