What is the REAL cost of the Watchtower?

by iiz2cool 6 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm just guesstimating with my figures here, but if they're even close it shows what a tremendous waste of life the watchtower is. Some non jw friends tried to point this out to me many years ago. I wish I listened then.

Time spent in Field service? every year = 1 billion hours = 41,666,666.67 Days = 114,077.12 years

If the average life span of a person is 77 years this works out to 1,481 entire lives wasted every year in field service? alone.

In Ontario the minimum wage is $7.15 per hour. Because they don't pay their door to door magazine sales reps this pittance, they are saving about CAN $297,916,666.67 every year.

Not only do they save all this money on wages, their door to door magazine sales reps are the ones who have to pay for the literature through "voluntary donations". The literature is produced by "volunteer" laborers in factories that were built by "volunteers" using more "voluntary donations" to pay for materials. The "voluntary donations" are not taxable because the company is a "charitable organization". What "charitable work" are the funds used for? They're used to build or renovate factories and sales offices. Are the "voluntary donations" used to cover the expenses of the door to door magazine sales reps? No, these volunteer sales reps cover their own expenses, such as fuel, vehicle maintenance and mileage. They pay for their own uniforms too. Personal injuries sustained in the door to door sales work such as broken arms, legs, knees, dog bites, etc. are the responsibility of the volunteer sales rep. In some parts of the world these volunteer sales reps risk being arrested for going to work.

The purpose of the literature is to recruit more volunteer door to door magazine sales reps.

The 6,000,000 door to door magazine sales reps attend sales meetings 5 hours every week at their own expense. This translates into another 30,000,000 hours = 1,250,000 days = 3,422.31 years = 44 more lives wasted each year.

None of this includes time spent preparing for sales meetings, time spent at company meetings and conventions, etc.

The cost of abuse, death due to company policies on blood, and family breakup is incalculable.

What a terrible waste of lives and resources! I'm almost afraid to calculate what it cost me personally.

Walter

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

A good write-up on that very subject can be found here:

http://mustbefunny.org/07870.htm

and here:

http://mustbefunny.org/08622.htm

Enjoy.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

How sad that so many lives are being wasted.

Just this morning when I was taking my kids to school , I saw a couple of young pioneers standing at the corner. I got a knot in the pit of my stomach thinking just as you say. What a waste of resources, money, youth. I really felt sorry for them.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Ok, Ok, sounds good, but WHO is getting this money? Is there a man behind the curtain? In order for the "get rich thru dubs" theory to work, someone must get rich, filthy rich.

Far as I know, (not very far), even the governing body does not live like the rich and famous. Yes, they probally fly around the world a lot, but probally not on a private jet....Where is the money going???

Just wondering .....

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Where is the money going?

Well, no one really knows, because the Society does not issue financial statements like reputable charities. A lot of money is accumulated in cash and investments, buildings, and equipment. But does anyone get rich off of it? Who knows. Judge Rutherford skimmed a fair bit.

The point of this post, though, was not that people are profiteering, but rather that individuals are squandering their time and resources on something that is worthless. The mags used to sell for 10 cents, then more, but the real cost is the wasted labor. If it takes an hour to place a magazine, then that stupid mag cost closer to $10 to distribute. What a waste.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

THIS is where the money's going:

http://www.ufowatchtower.com/

I'm surprised you didn't know that.

• JH
    JH

That makes many wasted lives Walter.

But on the other hand, the witnesses say that they are SAVING lives by going door to door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit