Penn and Teller-Bull#$%@ and the End of the World

by CaptainSchmideo 3 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Just saw this episode on the DVD collection.

The Nostradamus section was quite funny, especially when Penn takes the song "The Wheels of the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round", converts it into Latin, and then uses it as prophecy of future events, like the Great English Train Robbery, The Montgomery Bus Boycott, and Watergate.

They also showcased a Nostradamus "scholar", who changed a page in a book from 1st edition to second edition when the Ayatollah Khomeini died before becoming the Anti-Christ. Does THAT sound familiar, changing pages in a book from one edition to the next?

The stuff showing survivalist training in New Jersey was funny, but sad.

I felt particularly sad for the nut who made a survival compound out of several buried schoolbuses, but was locked out of it by the local Fire Department because it was a fire hazard.

I was disappointed that when they showed the list of failed predictions from history, William Miller made the list, but not CT Russell.

Hal Lindsay was showcased, he's been scaring the feeble minded since the seventies, but again, not the Witnesses! I felt cheated! D'you mean that Lindsay has a higher profile than the WTBS about announcing the end of the world?

Anyway, anybody else seen this P & T series on Showtime (or whatever channel may carry it in your neck of the world)?

• wasasister
    wasasister

I absolutely LOVE this show! I discovered it on cable, and later rented whatever was available on Netflix. The chapter on the Bible was especially interesting. Highly recommended.

• eljefe
    eljefe

My favorite episode is the PETA one. Of all the crazy groups in the world, PETA puts JW's to shame in the craziness department.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This show is awesome. The second season comes out on DVD in February... I can't wait!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit