Another Question for you, the reader and responder

by MelbaToast 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Again from my research, from the paper, Cults and Families:

Paraphrase: If people in the cult quest authority and go public with doubts or opinions, then others will attack and possibly expel them for their outside thinking. But if they withold their private thoughts, they feel decietful and inadequate and are torn in inner battles. "Because they are torn in these ways, it is exceedingly difficult for them to provide emotional and cognitive guidance to children" The moral structures of harmful cults are replete with contradictions and unsubstanciated idological assertions, often involving racism, sexism, homophobia, or xenophobia. " If children who develop in these envronments leave their groups and enter diverse, multicultural and more open societies, then they may face major adjustment and difficulties because they have no precult moral system to which they can return"

• teejay
    teejay
    If children who develop in these envronments leave their groups and enter diverse, multicultural and more open societies, then they may face major adjustment and difficulties because they have no precult moral system to which they can return"

Uh...

...you slobbered a bib-full that time, Sister.

Trust me. Some of us deal with that, thankfully in decreasing ways, almost every day.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

The thing that gets me the most about this research is that this a GENERAL psych class, pretty much a prereq on any college degree. Makes me even more sure than ever that I want to continue my education. No wonder that JW's still look down on higher education. Their corporation would be in dire need of some capital then!

My real hope is to be in clinicals ( I'm studying to be a nurse) at a hospital and hopefully help these JW's who are stricken with their own moral dillemmas such as choosing to refuse blood, when it is critically necessary. Of couse, this is in a perfect world.

I think if I speak candidly and earn their trust before the critical moments, then I might just save some poor kids life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit