To You Know

by Commie Chris 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

I'm new here (see my post under Personal Experiences). I was df'd about 6 years ago. although I honestly don't know why. I have been reading posts by You Know, and a few other defenders of the faith. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands and I would be grateful to you if you would read my story under Personal Experiences and explain to me why the Org. considers pre-marital sex between an engaged couple to be a serious, disfellowshipping offence. Perhaps you could also offer me a theory as to why I was actually df'd (was it for forcication or for "independent thinking"?) since I could never get the brothers who df'd me to tell me. I would really appreciate your reply since I was never able to get answers to either of these questions before I was booted out of the org. I am not troubled by this anymore, but I have always been curious.

- Chris

• You Know
    You Know
    You seem to have a lot of time on your hands and I would be grateful to you if you would read my story under Personal Experiences and explain to me why the Org.

Unfortunately that's not the case today. I will try and find your experience and comment on it later today of tommorrow. / You Know

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the board. I just read your story, thanks for sharing this. I share similar views to you but being the "Good" JW never went too far. If you can't get an answer from the elders on the JC no one else can provide an answer, least of all "You Know". Haven't you read enough of his stuff to realize he has his own unique agenda, separate from the rest of us rejectors of the WTS and separate from the Watchtower leadership? You Know's role here is to hasten "the end of the world", find odd news clips and fringe people to quote and then to add his own liberal quantity of Biblical passages to support the "evidence". You name it, You Know's got a prophetic parallel.

As a trained lawyer, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the whole JW Judicial process and what a one-sided form of "justice" (word used very loosely). I glad you got out so quickly and that your wife joined you...oh to get married to someone knowing they'd be disfellowshipped in a couple of days!

Good to have here.

Regards,

Thirson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Thirdson: yes, I have a sense of You Know's agenda, but I think his reply will probably be entertaining. As for my thoughts, as a lawyer, on the JW's "judicial process", I'd say it would be hilarious if the consequences for many people were not so serious. I could not imagine a process more concerned with adherence to technical (and largely secret) rules of procedure and less concerned with achieving a just result. Appalling on so many levels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit