Fairfield Assembly Hall (California) Dedication Program

by ezekiel3 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

This is information from the dedication program bill of the Fairfield Assembly Hall in California. I have attached a scan from it to show you what the last Taj-Ma-"Hall" looks like. My initial post on this topic is at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/71710/1.ashx .

The dedication talk was given by no less than GB member T. Jazacz. Some of the specifications of the hall (from the program bill) are:

Site is on 32 acres; the hall is 69,000 square feet with a seating capacity of 2,124. 716 congregations offered help, of whom 6,100 volunteers used. The site includes eight apartments. 87,302 meals were served to volunteers from July 15, 2003 to February 20, 2004. Two Kingdom Halls on site with a total 9,000 square feet and with 185 seats each.

Other features include a roll-away wall that exposes the baptismal pool (shown in the center photo below); closed circuit cameras that show the program and baptism on TVs in the eating area and bathrooms; a projection system that can show film (projected on the wall near the stage); a classroom for a west-coast Ministerial Training School (you heard it here first!), and decor that features poster-sized photos of "historical" conventions like Cedar Point and Yankee Stadium; and real marble for the front of the stage, the stage pillars and decorative molding throughout.

No cost of materials was noted in the program. Although the project was supposedly paid for in cash from donations, circuits (groups of about 20 congregations) attending the Assembly day (a one-day session) are informed that the operating cost for that day is around $5,000. That's about a $2.50 admission fee per person.

For those in the area, the address is 2020 Walters Road, Fairfield California.

• kls
    kls

Really ,now isn't that interesting and when i was a cult member that is all i heard was how big Catholic churches were and how much money they rake in. Damn those Hypocrites.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I never thought about it in cost per person through the door before. I guess those prices aren't bad compared to other events, but bang for the buck is much higher at a ball game. Hell, even a political rally is less of a snooze fest then these assemblies. At least at those you can usually get a hot dog and a beer

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Although the project was supposedly paid for in cash from donations, circuits (groups of about 20 congregations) attending the Assembly day.

God forbid that WT in New York should be asked to dip into their billions to pay for it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit