Effects of WT articles on the elderly

by Nosferatu 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I just finished reading the article Eman posted on demons. I really have to wonder how badly this stuff affects the elderly.

My mother cleans for an elderly JW woman. The stories that come out of this woman are incredible! She thought that her stereo was posessed by demons because it would make a crackling noise when the volume knob is turned. She also has a phobia of the brothers in the KH because she thinks they're chasing after her, wanting sex.

Recently, she has told a story of how a repairman has been entering her apartment during the night.

I really can't help but wonder if the WTS is responsible for her state of lunacy

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Don?t you think the major responsibility for her state of ?lunacy? is the Bible? If the Bible doesn?t have been written, no stories about demons could be read. Jehovah?s Witnesses just deliver those old stories in the Bible. Should we kill the postman when he is delivering bills? (Compare John 19:11b)

Love

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I really can't help but wonder if the WTS is responsible for her state of lunacy

Also, i think that often lunie people are attracted to the wt. The wt doesn't cure them, and probably makes them worse.

S

• Navigator
    Navigator

I have noticed the same thing as Satanus. The WT seems to have more than its fair share of folks who aren't "playing with a full deck".

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>The wt doesn't cure them, and probably makes them worse.

Well, but they think they can:

*** w92 7/15 pp. 24-25 Gathering “the Desirable Things” in Poland ***

Twenty-one-year-old Slawomir was entangled in spiritism and Satanism, which he rejected once he saw that the Bible condemns such practices. “But Satan persisted,” he says. “One night the record player began playing without being switched on, and I heard satanic music, although I had removed from the house everything related to Devil worship. I prayed to Jehovah, and he helped me regain spiritual balance. A psychiatrist I used to consult at the urgings of my parents recognized radical improvements in my condition and concluded that I was healthy. He wrote on my chart: ‘Cured by Jehovah’s Witnesses.’”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit