Seeking a particular article

by PointBlank 5 Replies latest jw friends

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Recently I've been looking for the article where the WTS chastised the rank-n-file witnesses by declaring that they "read more into it than what was said" regarding the year 1975. Running a search on the WT CD brings up nothing. Does anyone out there remember any such article?

Thanks in advance, PB

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Hi PB. Blondie seems to be the expert in digging up this stuff and I am definitely not but let's see if this is of any help.

Try the July 15, 1976 Watchtower for a possible mention of failed expectations (my understanding is the WT refuses to accept any blame in this misssed date) BUT also compare that with the March 15, 1980 of the Watchtower (I understand from reading Ray Franz's description that the org is more forthcoming about their measure of fault in this article).

I hope this helps. I got these magazine references from Ray Franz's book Crisis of Conscience in Chapter 9 where he candidly describes the 1975 (false) prophesy as a formal inner circle participant at the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Happy Guy, they actually did print a half-assed apology in the 1980 Yearbook (of all places). Said something to the effect that they "accept some of the blame for 1975"...

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Thanks buddy. Ya I was just winging it until someone more qualified came along with the info. I got my info from CoC and actually I don't think he even mentions the Yearbook in that section relating to the half assed apology.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

FYI:

*** yb80 pp. 30-31 1980 Yearbook of Jehovah?s Witnesses ***

The brothers also appreciated the candor of this same talk, which acknowledged the Society?s responsibility for some of the disappointment a number felt regarding 1975.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

PointBlank, there are tons of 1975 quotes here. I think you'll probably find what you're looking for. Check the big 1976 article:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/1975.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit