The ultimate JW presidential flip flop.

by BeelzeDub 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Jehovah spoke to the current President of Zambia while he was one of Jehovah's witnesses and told him to get back into politics.

President Mwanawasa:

"I vowed never to associate myself with politics and that is why I joined the Jehovah's Witnesses," President Mwanawasa said. "But after seven years of abstinence, God spoke to me that you have not fulfilled the work I sent you in government for. I have come back to finish the work I was assigned to do. I am here until I finish two terms."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200411030426.html

One must wonder if he was disfellowshiped for his returning to politics, or did the Governing Body cut him a break since Jehovah told him to get back into governement?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Lol.reminds me of the crazy crap Idi Amin used to come out with.King of Scotland etc...

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

He himself was never a Witness, he was one of the "interested" ones, but his wife was a Witness. If you search/browse Zambian newspapers, toy will find it.

• gespro
    gespro
    Lol.reminds me of the crazy crap Idi Amin used to come out with.King of Scotland etc...

This reminds me of GW Bush. Hey wait a minute, didn't HenryVIII do something simular when he wanted a divorce and usurped the authority of the church when it wasn't granted...?

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

OMFG So, if God told me to kill my boss, it's ok 'cause he said so? But wait, I'm self employed!!!

• Triple A
    Triple A

You can read the following at http://www.thezambian.com/government/presidents.aspx

Levy Patrick Mwanawasa was born on Sept. 3, 1948 in Mufulira, Zambia. He was the 2nd born child in a family of 10.

He holds a law degree from the University of Zambia. He worked in private law firms from 1974 until 1978 when he formed his own firm Mwanawasa & Company. In 1985, Mwanawasa served as Solicitor General of the Republic of Zambia but went back to private practice the following year. He worked as senior partner in this firm until March 1992 when he was named as Vice President of Zambia in December 1991.

On Dec. 8, 1991, Mwanawasa while on duty was involved in a nasty road traffic accident in which his aide died on the spot. He suffered multiple body injuries. He was flown to Johannesburg South Africa for medical treatment. He remained in hospital for 3 months.

Mwanawasa served as Vice President of Zambia from 1991 until 1994 when he resigned citing gross abuse of office and corruption by some leaders and insubordination to him by some colleagues. In 1996, he contested presidency of MMD and lost. He retired from active politics again.

In August this year, the National Executive Committee elected Mwanawasa as its presidential candidate for the 2001 elections. He won the election, beating 10 other candidates including two former vice presidents.

Mwanawasa is married to Maureen and they have four children ? Chipokota, Matolo, Lubona and Ntembe. He also has two other children Miriam and Patrick from his first marriage. His wife is a baptized member of the Jehovah?s Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit