For Canadians with kids/grandkids

by kwintestal 2 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

There's been an advertising campaign lately for an RESP program called Kids Futures.

You can find out more at www.kidsfutures.ca

Basically the way it works, is you buy something, send in the reciept/UPC code and the company you buy from donates a certain amount into an RESP fund for your child.

Just thought I'd share.

Kwin

• Scully
    Scully

Funny you should mention this program... I was checking out the website this morning!

I didn't really like the way they expected you to click the box agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, without first clicking you to the Terms and Conditions.... then when I backed up to read the Terms and Conditions, I spent 45 minutes reading them.

Bottom line... you can trust them with your kids' college funds and they can screw you over at the last minute if they so choose.

If you're going to be purchasing the products anyway, go for it, but I'd only consider using it as a back-up plan to supplement a bona fide savings plan.

Love, Scully

• dorothy
    dorothy

I signed up too. What the hell. But I'm not buying anything that I wouldn't anyway just to collect cash. I did notice that you do collect a lot of cash for some things, i.e. 50 cents on toothpaste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit