Watching a scary film tonight ....woooooooooooh

by vitty 9 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

The poltergeist is on telly tonight, I have just persuaded my husband to watch it. Hes a real scaredy cat so Ive promised ill turn it off if its too scary. Im not kidding !!!!!!!!!!

Even before we were in the truth he wouldnt even watch the old black and white Frankinstein films

The exorcist is on the other channel but Even I wont watch that.

Are there any scary films you wont watch (even if now you dont believe in demons) and why?

I hope your not all out enjoying halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FMZ
    FMZ

After as much as the Exorcist was hyped up to be scary, I didn't find it scary in the least. Was a very good movie though, very well made with good special effects. I was hoping for it to be based a little more tightly on the real story of the boy who was possessed by the wind-demon Puzzu. I guess I'll have to do some reading instead... hehe

I never watched scary movies in the troof, but now I am out, and learning a lot, I find it interesting to see how other people are scared by movies, and what people actually find scary. I am no longer scared by any of those movies. I used to be a little disturbed by some of the gory scenes, but I'm over that now. As soon as you realize it's all special effects, it becomes moot. I enjoy watching for the directorial and production values now.

Sit back, relax, and remember, it's just Karo syrup and red food coloring in front of a camera.

FMZ

• vitty
    vitty

I do remember seeing the Entity, this was about a woman who used to get abused by a spirit. It really scared me and did put me off watching scary movies.

Also Salems lot, I think thats what it was called, It frightened me so much I had to sleep with the bedroom light on, and i was married at the time.LOL.....

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I am a big big fan of horror films, ghost films, and suspense. I love the macabre, the grisly, and the gruesome - and I take a particular delight in the films that the WT specifically discussed as unwatchable, "The Exorcist," "Rosemary's Baby" and "The Ten Commandments" (lol!)

Joking aside - check out Japanese horror - Ringu, Tomie, and the original Grudge will scare you beyond belief. If you like gore, check out House of 1000 Corpses, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and um... I'm so drunk and the Steelers are almost on. Gotta go...

CZAR

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I was hoping for it to be based a little more tightly on the real story of the boy who was possessed by the wind-demon Puzzu.

FMZ, actually, they made that movie. It's called 'Possessed'. Check it out. http://imdb.com/title/tt0195165/

• glitter
    glitter

Poltergeist is fine, I'd say it's OK for kids aged from 9 or 10 or even younger, so your husband should cope! :)

Every frightening part of The Exorcist has been shown or parodied that much that there's very little left to be frightened of in that film.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Thanks WildHorses. I thought "Possessed" was the parody that Leslie Nielsen did... thanks for correcting me, and yes, I'm ordering it from Amazon... :)))

FMZ

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Nah, FMZ, that is called repossessed.

• Xena
    Xena

I cannot watch scary movies...I tried the other night to watch "Salem's Lot"...couldn't do it. I just can't take movies where kids get hurt or killed...."The Butterfly Effect" totally freaked me out on that score I had to cut it off too...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I like creepy movies, most of the modern horror movie's are just lame...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit