The Report, volume 1

by VM44 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

I have heard about this book, "The Report, Volume 1" written about the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses.

It was written by someone named "TWMC"

Has anyone read this book? What impact did it have on the Witnesses, if any? (that would depend if any of them read it, it appears the book was not widely distributed)

and, who is this "TWMC"? Did he ever publish Volume 2?

--VM44

The "Report, Volume 1"by TWMC

Paperback: 302 pages
    Publisher: TWMC Publishing; (October 31, 1995)
    ISBN: 0964940930

Table of Contents:

I. GOD'S NAME PEOPLE AND THE FRAMEWORK OF THE TRUTH
    How can we identify mystery "Israel," of our times?

II. cHRIST COMES INTO KINGDOM POWER - WHEN?
    Wasn't the Book of Daniel supposedly a "sealed" book
    when Charles T. Russel discovered the date of 1914?

III. LET US SOFTEN THE FACE OF JEHOVAH
    Where have the millions of dollars collected for the
    "World-wide Preaching Work" been spent in recent years?

IV. TO WHOM ARE YOU MOST LOYAL?
    Why did the Watch Tower Society change their questions
    for baptism?
    Where does the Bible say the "Man of Lawlessness" sits?

V. A TIME FOR SILENCE OR A TIME TO SPEAK BOLDLY
    Why do Jehovah's Witnesses accept organ transplants
    but reject blood transfusions?

VI. DATING EVENTS BIBLICALLY SPEAKING
    where do jehovah's Witnesses get the date of 607 BCE
    for Jerusalem's destruction?

VII. SCRIPTURALLY ADMINISTERING DISCIPLINE
    Why do Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to speak or say a
    simple "hello" to individuals who have been expelled
    or have voluntarily disassociated themselves from the organization?

VIII. JEHOVAH'S VINEYARD

Amazon Cutomer Review 1:

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

Review title: Wearing God's Name-A Serious Responsiblity,
    Date: November 18, 2001
    Reviewer: Renewed Earth Press (Southern CA)

This book, "The Report" does it very good job of explaining how by JW's proudly
    proclaiming that 'THEY' are 'THEE" only ones that proclaim God's name...carries
    with it a VERY BIG responsibilty. If they act justly then they honor God's name.
    then if they act haughty and puffed up then they soil God's name and that this
    is a VERY sobering thought. The writer of this book brings out wisely how the
    ancient Jews also proudly proclaimed that THEY were THEE people of Jehovah/Yahweh
    and look how they were taken down a notch or two by God when they acted disagreeably
    in God's name. The writer warns of his fear for JW's revaring their organization of
    imperfect men SO much and their buildings where they gather and that if Armageddon
    were to come..then they might run to these buildings and to the organization for
    direction instead of Jehovah. These points are all valid, I believe but my complaint
    is that the writer revears the JW's role in prophecy TOO much. He makes it sound as
    if JW's are SO special as if they are THEE 'ONLY" ones that embrace the Divine Name.
    This is NOT true. There are many Sacred Name groups out there that freely and
    constantly proclaim the Divine Name Yahweh such as Assembly of Yahweh. There is
    also the Rastafarians who "Priase Jah!" and Jah is simply the short version of
    Jehovah. Also he makes it sounds as if JW's are THEE 'ONLY' ones to believe in
    the renewed earth hope, no hell and a non-trinity God. What he fails to bring out
    is that THERE "ARE" many groups that teach this and HAVE way BEFORE Russell even
    came on scene. For example The Abrahamic Faith of God Church. They were started
    in 1856 by John Marsh in New England and still exist today and they believe all
    these! There is also the Laymen's Home Missionary Movement founded in 1918 in
    Chester Springs PA and they still exist too! They are also renewed earth beliefs
    found in Bahai and Native American groups such as the Hopi and Sun Bear's book,
    "Black dawn, Brigth Day". Lastly, it is true that by JW's taking it upon themselves
    to carry Jehovah's name they hold a large responsibilty...but then again the Sacred
    Name groups hold the same rsponsibilty for holding the name "Yahweh" and all the
    other churches that carry the name "Christ" or "Jesus"...and the list could go on.
    In other words any time you carry the name of God you take on a big responsibilty
    to live up to and if you act like a jerk you have to realize that you risk making
    God looking like a jerk. (. . .)

Amazon Cutomer Review 2:

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Review title: Jehovah's Witnesses as modern-day Israel
    Date: March 22, 2001
    Reviewer: A reader

This book goes into fine detail regarding the practices of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

It starts off be showing the reader, using Bible exegisis, who Spiritual Israel of
    our day really is. It exposes many false teachings in force by the WTBTS.

The "Report" reveals the true identity of the Watchtower & Bible Tract society in
    relation to Bible prophecy, and exposes such evil schemes as the Baptismal question
    changes in 1985, and the 1914, 607BCE doctrines.

It also shows the error of the infamous "shunning" doctrine the JW's use.

This book is a real eye-opener for all Jehovah's Witnesses and interested persons,
    and I have yet to find anyone refute the points made.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think it's by timothy campbell from montreal.

S

• blondie
  • AlanF
    AlanF

The book is written apparently by several anonymous people -- but certainly not Timothy Campbell. I have a late 1990s edition, along with earlier material published piecemeal and in outline form going back to about 1993, if I remember right. A lot of the material is borrowed -- without attribution -- from Ray Franz and Carl Jonsson. I don't know if it has had any impact on JWs, but I suspect not very much, as it's written in a somewhat shrill style that tends to turn readers off.

AlanF

• sf
    sf

Here are some tidbets of info contained therein:

silentlambs.org - Guestbook - Guestbook - August 2002 - Page 2
    ... Nevertheless, it has always been based in Alabama, where the publisher actually
    lives. (The name "TWMC Publishing" was recently changed to "EMC Publications ...
    www.silentlambs.org/guestbook/2002_08_p2.cfm - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

AlanF is right. One of the writers of "The Report" used to post at the old Hourglass Outpost site years ago, and there was at least one of his followers that did also. I have skimmed through this book and found it amazingly similar in style and content to the present day e-watchman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit