Last Night's Mozz Concert in North Texas

by Billygoat 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Last night Neil and I went with some friends to Fort Worth's Will Rogers Concert Hall for a Morrissey concert. An amazing performance! It was a little too short for my tastes - only 90 minutes or so, but every song sounded better than anything I heard on a CD. He made a beautiful grand entrance with his famous "How Soon is Now" - absolutely breathtaking! He moved into "First of the Gang to Die" and then my favorite "November Spawned a Monster" and then everything else was a blur. All I remember is jamming to great Mozz music with my husband dancing beside me, both of us singing our lungs out. I felt like such a teenager. LOL!

I must say that Mozz looks better than I've ever thought. Like a fine wine - gets better with age! But what made the biggest impression on me was how some of his fans were jumping on stage just to touch him, and he just reached out to them while the guards were physically tearing the people away. And he kept right on singing without losing a beat! He didn't try to pull away from them or walk away when they were coming towards him. He seemed to really appreciate his fans.

This was quite possibly the best live concert I've ever been to!

*happy sigh*

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Is this The Mozz you're talking about?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sounds like a good concert!

The Mozz has good politics as well.

?With all my heart I urge people to vote against George Bush. Jon Stewart would be ideal, but John Kerry is the logical and sane move. It does not need to be said yet again, but Bush has single-handedly turned the United States into the most neurotic and terror-obsessed country on the planet. For non-Americans, the United States is suddenly not a very nice place to visit because US immigration officers ? under the rules of Bush ? now conduct themselves with all the charm and unanswerable indignation of Hitler?s SS.

Please bring sanity and intelligence back to the United States.

Don?t forget to vote.

Vote for John Kerry and get rid of George Bush!?

Morrissey
    October 27, 2004

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My friend says at a Morrissey concert, they pat down everyone before they enter the concert...that's never happened to me before....is that true Billygoat?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Nos - not sure who that is, but there is only one Mozz. See below.

Six, I don't necessarily agree with politics, but that's not why I'm a Mozz fan either. I enjoy his talent as an artist, his heart for people and animals, his brusque honesty, and his impeccable taste. Same reason I love you.

Tres, we didn't get pat down, but we got scanned with a hand wand when we walked in. Mozz is very tight on his security and it showed last night. They weren't letting women in with handbags or backpacks. If you needed cash, phone or ID, it had to fit in your pockets. Cameras or camcorders were strictly forbidden - much to my disappontment. (What I wouldn't give to have had my camera last night. We were on the 8th row!)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, probably a different Mozz. The Ragamettal Byznyz album kicked ass.

• Preston
    Preston

I saw Morrissey not too long ago with my brothers here in Phoenix. Unlike most musicians he handles himself well on stage and dresses well. At one point during a set a 300 pound woman jumped on the stage running at Morrissey, as security pulled her away, Morrissey, in theatrical fashion, attempted to pull the woman away from them. Hilarious!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Unlike most musicians he handles himself well on stage and dresses well. At one point during a set a 300 pound woman jumped on the stage running at Morrissey, as security pulled her away, Morrissey, in theatrical fashion, attempted to pull the woman away from them. Hilarious!

Awesome! I would have loved to see that. The man was definitely born to perform.

I was just so impressed that he just continued his gracious performance through the song...there were about 5 or 6 people that were dragged off the stage and probably asked to leave. He didn't seem disinterested in their being up there, just unfazed. He hugged them, smiled, kept his cool and kept singing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit