Are my parents apostate AKA Is WTS alienating babyboomer JWs via new light

by XQsThaiPoes 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Me and my parents have been getting into fights about religion. Oddly the reason is I am enforcing the WTS status quo on issues such as the new blood policy, the doctrine that all that die before big-A are ressurected, that Jehovah does not want service motivated by scoldings or bribery, that each person should be free to make up their own mind on their own time, that you don't have to be baptized to survive big-a, that you are counted as a believer if you study, the only required meeting is the memorial, only the 144k HAVE TO preach, and that JWism is a belief and as long as you believe it you are a JW regardless of participation.

In one form or another these veiws have been posted in the watchtowers in the last few years. Yet my parents adamantely dispute many of them. Now according to traditional JW m.o. they are apostate weither they know it or not. THe bigger picture is how many 1975er baby boomer JWs that the WTS has alienated because they did a virtual changing the water in the fish tank while these 50+ jws were raising kids, working minimum wage, and getting out talks. I am sure if the wts issued a written JW test (on these newer amendments) how many JWs in good standing (including elders, pioneers, and MSes) would fail because technically it aint the same religion as it was 25 years ago.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

that would be one heck of a written review..

xq take the time to make out a test of those issues.. and post it.. see how we do. (haha board homework) j/k.. it would be an interesting quiz though.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good post XQ. Here are a few questions for your review:-)

By what religion are the Governing Body used as directors?

What religious publishing company does not want to be contacted by the people of the religion they publish for?

How are Jehovah's Witnesses connected to the Watch Tower, Bible & Tract Society Inc?

What religion devotes part of one meeting out of four to warnings about former members?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah, I have that same issue in my family. The more conservative JWs are older and they think anything they don't agree with in the watchtower was written by an apostate watchtower writer. Nice cognitive dissonance, huh.

that Jehovah does not want service motivated by scoldings or bribery, that each person should be free to make up their own mind on their own time, that you don't have to be baptized to survive big-a, that you are counted as a believer if you study, the only required meeting is the memorial, only the 144k HAVE TO preach, and that JWism is a belief and as long as you believe it you are a JW regardless of participation.

In one form or another these veiws have been posted in the watchtowers in the last few years.

Maybe I haven't been around much at meetings, but I don't get the feeling much has changed in the ways you describe above. I mean, I'm only hearing about how there's too many people with less than 5 hours per month and new tactics to try to focus on those people in my congregation are being introduced. It seems like they are moving in the opposite direction. I remember a recent Watchtower study article that said the elders would consider studying with low hours publishers and other "weak" ones. That doesn't sound like what is described here.

Which Watchtower says only the 144K have to preach?

• garybuss
    garybuss

*** w97 5/15 pp. 12-13 When Jesus Comes in Kingdom Glory ***
    14 Does not all of that remind us of the Israel of God? Yes, indeed. Jesus told his faithful followers: ?Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.? (Matthew 28:19, 20) In obedience to these words, anointed Christians have served as Jehovah?s spokesman from Pentecost 33 C.E. until now. Like Moses and Elijah, they have faced the wrath of rulers and have witnessed to them. Jesus told his 12 apostles: ?You will be haled before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.? (Matthew 10:18) His words have been fulfilled repeatedly during the history of the Christian congregation.?Acts 25:6, 11, 12, 24-27; 26:3.

15 Further, anointed Christians have been as fearless as Moses and Elijah in standing for truth against religious falsehood. Remember how Paul denounced the Jewish false prophet Bar-Jesus and tactfully but firmly exposed the falseness of the gods of the Athenians. (Acts 13:6-12; 17:16, 22-31) Remember, too, that in modern times the anointed remnant has boldly exposed Christendom and such witnessing has plagued her.?Revelation 8:7-12.

The anointed have the command to preach. They are the only class identified under current doctrine. The other sheep are only identified after the start of Armageddon. The Witness people are only applicants for the other sheep designation and they will be judged by how they treat Christ's brothers, aka, the anointed. There is no command for other sheep to preach and there is absolutely no command for a other sheep woman to preach.

There are better quotes. Maybe someone can post them. GaryB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit