What's Ozzie drinking?

by ozziepost 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Met up today with one of Australia's gold-medal winning winemakers, Nigel Burton. His winery in South Australia is starting to make a mark and Mrs Ozzie and I had a pleasant Sunday afternoon sheltering from the rain and sampling his wines.

Mrs Ozzie acually enjoyed his chardonnay (that's a surprise, eh?). For you chardonnay drinkers, I'd recommend you try it. Sorry, it's not available in liquor stores or supermarkets. Nigel speaks of a strong melon and buttery flavor and I must admit it was very pleasant. I've ordered a case for our cellar.

What took my interest was .............(drum roll).........................nah, not a shiraz, but.....................a cabernet merlot!

After sampling a case Ill be more in a position to let you know what I think, but for now, check this out: http://www.burtonpremiumwines.com/

Cheers, Ozzie

• caspian
    caspian

It all sounds really tasty. Ozzie.

However I have just moved down to the South of France and there are some crackers that are available.

St Emilion, Chateauneuf de Pape. Latour, Lafitte and of course Perchamant.

It seems that Aussie Wine is quite hard to get hold of down here, but at 9 Euros for a bottle of ChateauNeuf, I am not complaining.

Hope you and Mrs Oz are Ok.

Cas.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Wow my first post was blank....strange.

Caspian: First Growth Bourdeauxs (Lafitte, Latour, Mouton etc) = Syrup of the Gods.

Chateauneuf du Pape = meh...

Ozzie I will try this out sometime...so far my favourite Aussie wine is Wolf Blass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit