Undaunted Danny & Junction Guy are on the right track.

by gypsywildone 3 Replies latest jw friends

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I was at the Jws for Jesus Convention yesterday, even though I don't subscribe to their religion, & there are many other topics discussed. Two different speakers said that SIGNS WORK! They have experimented with advertising in papers & opening a phone line, but they are getting the most interest from non-confrontational, thought provoking signs posted around town. "JWS-Jehovah's Witnesses, have you found out? Call 1-800-WHY 1914." Stuff like that.

Incidentally, Junction Guy was such a sweetie, with the most engaging blue eyes & smile. It's no wonder when he pickets, with that smile, no one gets mad at him!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Yeah I was there also, And met Junction Guy. I also gave my testimony. What a awesome weekend. Joans great for keeping this going. I look foward to it every year. Doc Bob is very cool.

E.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I was only there the Sat. am, & early afternoon sessions, till 4. Was it you & your wife? Very nice. Maybe I'll meet you next time

Did you make note of that guy Wilbur Lingle & how he understood the jws perfedtly & the method to get them out is NOT to go head to head with them, because they like to fight. That is can take years of patice to do so (nobody give up!) And the Fearons, & their visual signs. I did enjoy it, met up with some old friends from before, & made a few new ones.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Here we are in the 21st century the 2004 election and political lawn signs,billboards and the ole standby bumper stickers still factor in prominently.

It's also low tech and foolproof.

I have given the most comprehensive exploration to creative graphics.Down to the smallest detail.Avoid putting to much clutter on a sign heed the K.I.S.S. rule [my mistake in earlier designs]

Undaunted Danny has years of picket duty experience.I have found my best results with the 'laid back' approach. Find a sign post to lean against and wear a Walkman and have fun.[ The Walkman is invaluable if you are taunted as you can 'dum-down' and not listen] The police and civilians alike will admire your cool touch,and you will get more respect and readership of your sign. Remember you want people to read your sign/message.You don't want to scare them off.I usually avoid traffic intersections,as you don't want to distract drivers and cause an accident. You also want slow motor traffic if any at all,people can't read a sign cruising at highway speed. Have you picketed before?If you do it alone I strongly suggest you have some kind of 'event recorder' ( tape recorder) for your protection. ALWAYS HAVE TWO PEOPLE.,Even if the other 'picket buddy' is to shy to hold a sign.yea,know the "two witness principle" better in court if they instigate a confrontation.: Real Video clip on the street with a JW When your hot your hot! Note string around neck to hold sign,arms get tired in an hour or so.

The signs must be readable. Below RIPOFF CULT is most effective[my best sign] and readable bold lettering

Posters and Favorite Signs

bendover3.jpg (77482 bytes)click on here for larger version
    (big printer size)
    poster1sm.jpg (56848 bytes)

Bend over Jehovah!
    (no books from crooks)

Justice Favors the Not Forgotten

(click to enlarge for usable poster size)

(click to enlarge for usable sign size)

click the above for larger size, or download graphics file here for printing out as a bumper sticker

Free Bumperstickers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit