Scientology commercial during superbowl

by _Morpheus 1 Replies latest social current

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

As preface For those outside the USA, the superbowl is a big deal here in the states. Commercial spots are extremly expensive and the air time is coveted by advertisers. In fact the commercials are a huge draw for non sports fans to watch the game because companies get so creative.

with that as the back drop, the church of scientology ponied up the dough for a superbowl commercial!  I was blown away.  A religious advertisement during the superbowl.  What are the odds that people will be drawn to a religion because of that commercial?  Would the borg ever get that point? Would it help them? Im not really sure how to quantify my feelings about that spot, but its not a good feeling to see a cult advertise in such big way

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Since my awakening I've made the point many times about the ineffectiveness of the preaching work in actually reaching people and, more importantly, changing their hearts and minds.  I've said that if they WTS really wanted to reach people then they have the money to do a sustained campaign on TV.  I saw figures that said 30 secs in superbowl was $4.5mil.  That's nothing for the WTS.  I wonder how much they could get prime time ads for over 1 month?

Just think Starship Troopers recruitment ads.... "Want to know more...join up now....JW.ORG"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I8RdUCBwjE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit