Battleground God

by Tashawaa 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/god.htm

You have reached the end!

Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took zero direct hits and you bit zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.12 bullets. 234733 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Congratulations!
    You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.
    Good luck! Its tricky!

• Satanus
    Satanus

It seems to me that forcing people to answer yes or no is a problem. I mean, what if 'she' is something a person would not call god? What if a person views it as not all powerful, not the things usually ascribed to a standard god? As you may guess, i didn't do as well on it, because some of the yes or no answers weren't truthful for me. Interesting, nevertheless.

S

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Satanus - I'm agnostic. The "best" concept I have of God is a lifeforce. I think it rates whether your logic is consistent. I do agree that the True/False only can be somewhat limiting, but the test is short. Where did you get "hit"???

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Very interesting indeed.

I had one "direct hit".

Earlier you said that it is not justifiable to base one's beliefs about the external world on a firm, inner conviction, paying no regard to the external evidence, or lack of it, for the truth or falsity of this conviction, but now you say it's justifiable to believe in God on just these grounds. That's a flagrant contradiction!
    The strange thing is I was aware of the formal inconsistency, but could not avoid it, because I don't necessarily regard "belief in God" as a "belief about the external world".
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Ok, let's see, that i required higher standards for belief in god than belief in evolution, or something like that. It leaves out theistic evolution. Also, that one of my beliefs contradicted w the rightness of the guy who was raping and killing postitutes, because he thought that god told him to.

S

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa
    that i required higher standards for belief in god than belief in evolution

This one almost got me. The word they used was "indisputable" (I think), but along the line of absolute evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit