Suicide

by New Castles 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• New Castles
    New Castles

Has anyone heard of Richard Wheelock? if so, where can I get some press info in regards to his suicide.

For those who dont know, apparently this was a prominent member of the Bethel family, that commited suicide by jumping from the 4th floor Bethel Infirmary window...

• blondie
    blondie

He was Randy Watters supervisor at Bethel:

http://www.freeminds.org

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/scrapbook.htm (see note at bottom of page)

Tom Cabeen also worked with him:

http://brci.org/board.html

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

There is a good life after the cult.Help today is only a mouse click away. ""Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"" I Love You Mug 2

• New Castles
    New Castles

Thanks Blondie for the links

Danny, I totally agree..

• lawrence
    lawrence

Blondie-

Thanks for the links (especially scrapbook, phew!) I've spoken with Randy a few times over the years, but this really hit me.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

It's seem to be a lot of deaths and suicides at Bethel. I wonder if there is any public records such as a police report or coroner's report that would have statistics on how many there have been over the years.

Devon

• Balsam
    Balsam

Problem with JW thinking. To leave the WTS is worse than taking your own life. Sad isn't it. For those of us who left the WTS it takes great deal more courage to go on living than it does to commit suicide. If those who think of suicide could only know, that if they would just walk away they would be ok. People like us on the ouseide would reach out to help them. They would even find life would feel better in time.

Ruth

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

It's sad in a way, but this guy was a complete asshole to me, while I was in Bethel!

In a meeting with the ?factory committee,? which he was a part of, he and 4 others (?factory committee?) used every 4-letter curse-word, over a four-hour (plus) period! They yelled, screamed, were extremely abusive, used ever curse-word, some expressions I?ve never heard before, but could only imagine at a truck-stop! I'm only glad that they never really broke me! However, I?m only now recovering, some decades later, and I?m trying to free myself from their demon-possessed, ?organization!?

I understand, that shortly after his wife?s death, he jumped out an infirmary building at WT headquarters, about 3 or 4 years ago! But he many have been a victim of is own demise; a self-centered, corrupt group of self-appointed ?prophets!? And if there is a Devil, he was definently his offspring! Of course, I?m not the final judge, but this guy was a very bad, corrupt, wicked person in my life! I don't miss him! Probably, I'd help him "jump-off!"

Cyberguy!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Anytime the topic of suicide is brought up I am always brought back to the song...

Lyrics to the song 'Suicide is Painless'

Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]:

that suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat

And lay it down before I'm beat

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

is it to be or not to be

and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless

it brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

...and you can do the same thing if you please.

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit