R&F at fault for Armaggedon delay

by truman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• truman
    truman

Well, another issue of the WT came today, Aug 15,2001. And again it has some statements which piqued my ire, so I thought I would share a couple.

On pg.28, paragraph 14, in the study article titled 'Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine'is the following:

"Remember too, that 'Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed, but desires all to attain to repentance.' (2 Peter3:9) Notice, God is 'patient with YOU'--members of the Christian congregation. Evidently, some of us need more time to make changes and adjustments so as to 'be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace' (2Peter 3:14) Should we not be grateful, then, that God has shown such patience?"

(The message here seems to be that the reason Armaggedon is not here yet, is because the bros. and sis. are not worthy yet. Apparently, they are not following all the rules well enough, and God is going to make everybody suffer till the culprits get it right. How is that for a guilt trip ?)

In another article on Page 16, paragraph 7, we learn:

"We may ahve opposition from unbelieving family members, including disfellowshipped relatives, who might try to lure us into unwholesome association."

(Boy, those corrupted disfellowshipped relatives. Nothing is beneath them. They are ready to use whatever bait they can to lure the faithful. It couldn't be that they would just like to be able to enjoy and pursue some semblance of a normal family relationship.)

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks Tru-woman,

"and the hits just keep on comin'. . ."

But they have to keep having fresh reasons why 'the end' has not materialized--why not blame the R&F?

Thanks for apprising us!

Pat

• Gopher
    Gopher

Truman,

Thanks for the post. My subscription expired earlier this year, and I don't feel like jumping through the hoops of renewing it.

That first quote "some of need more time to make adjustments...to be found spotless and unblemished". Sounds like the humorous sign posted outside the cubicals of some of my co-workers, "The Beatings Will Continue unil Morale Improves".

That second quote about "Unbelieving family members, even disfellowhipped relatives" are lurking about, waiting to lure unsuspecting JW's into some sort of trap. Yeah right, the trap of unconditional love and real friendship. I'm glad that now I don't have to view others with such a high degree of suspicion!

GopherAlways do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• tergiversator
    tergiversator

Of course they're at fault, truman. The stupid sheep just won't do what they're told. I mean, the Watchtower writers have been patient with them, told them everything they need to do and not do down to the number and location of body piercings to which blood fractions they need to die over today. But do they listen? Noooo, they persist in holding up the greatest battle in history and the slaughter of billions - all because they think they don't want to spend every vacation knocking on people's doors with cheap literature. It's hardly fair to everyone who has been faithful in all of these dictates (well, as faithful as their responsibilities permit) - such as, for instance, the aforementioned hardworking Watchtower writers. Lousy ingrates.

-T.

• apostate
    apostate

There will be always new ones who need to learn more.
    There will be always a good reason to put Armageddon on hold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit