I have some questions so whoever can; please ansewr them:
1. I read an interesting article on line that said that the JW belief that God's name was taken out of the Bible is a myth b/c if that was to be the case then every single manuscript that was translated and distributed during bible times had to of been litterally seized in order so that the name could be taken out. The article was quoted as saying "imagaine that..every manuscript all the thousands that were floating around were hand seized in order for this to be accomplished" It also brought out the point that why would the almighty God be able to keep the Bible protected all these hundreds of thousands of years without a single person being able to make it nonexsistent and yet not be able to keep people from tampering with its words? Is this true? If so, why is the society so bent on using the name Jehovah and why isn't in anyone else's Bible?
2. Is the D'F rule scriptual? I forgot my notes (I'm at the computer lab) but I can tell you that I read a variey of scriptures about christians that were expelled from the christian congregation during Paul's day for various offenses and there is that scripture that one shouldn't even "say a greeting to that person." Am I right in saying that the SOciety is right on this one?
3. What JW teaching even to this day do you admit is 'the truth.? For example: sex before marriage, homosexuality, divorce, 1914 (ha ha) etc?
4. I've always had much confusion with the story of Dinah. The society always made it seem like it was her own fault that she got raped b/c she wanted to go see 'the daughters of the land' and so on. But there is no Biblical account that shows that Dinah was punished for what she had done or even reprimanded. Is it possible the society has taken this account out of context and used this scripture as another form of control esp. among the women of the wt?
5. O.K here is a big one. The sunday wt was filled with info about be careful about those in the con. and outside who are quoted as being "strangers" the scriputure in John I think that says "do not invite this one in your home" and so on.So basically the wt identified anybody who speaks bad about the wt as a "stranger" and anyone who is a witness is an apostate. What is an APOSTATE! Their defintion is so different then what I found in various encyclopedias.Isn't is simply someone who claims to be a christian but speaks against God. And what about an antichrist? I found a scripure that said that it's 'anyone who says there is no Lord and Jesus christ' or something like that? Am I right? How can anyone believe the society's defintion? It doesn't even sound correct.