Hybrid Alien Humans

by Satanus 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

This from the magazine 'wired' http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,65252,00.html

More than 500 different species of bacteria exist in our bodies, making up more than 100 trillion cells. Because our bodies are made of only some several trillion human cells, we are somewhat outnumbered by the aliens. It follows that most of the genes in our bodies are from bacteria, too.

Bacterial dna gets into the human genome through the persistence of bacteria within the human system over a period of many generations. A cooperative arrangement develops. Some bacterial dna finds its way into the mitacondrial dna bundles. From the mitachondria, dna migrates to the cell center to become part of the genome.

Conclusion: bacteria rule humans. But seriously, i think bacterias were one of the drivers behind evolution.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Right, so if god created 'man' as a separate kind, why is he mostly bacteria?

• Quotes
    Quotes

Because we are created in God's image; and God is a virus.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I believe in God.

more than that, I've met him.

He's a weird bastard.

This is right up his alley.

He likes to keep semi-sapient life in its place. Through death, cancer, and bacteria.

humiliity.

He's the Oh-ridge-in-anal GANGSTAHHH!!!!

Damn it feelzzz gut...

CZAR

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    Viruses today spread genes among bacteria and humans and other cells, as they always have... We are our viruses ? Lynn Margulis

Isn't the interconnectedness of it all so much more awe-inspiring than the idea of separately fashioned creatures?

I believe it was Carl Sagan's ex wife that first put forward the idea that mitochondria developed from symbiotic fusion of one prokaryotic cell with another cell. Its cool to see just how much "alien" genes are a part of us. From the bacterial origins of the mitochondria that powers us, to the retroviruses that have inserted themselves into our nuclear DNA.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Czar

One day i too may visit the big bastard.

Midgit Sasquatch

Isn't the interconnectedness of it all so much more awe-inspiring than the idea of separately fashioned creatures?

Well, yeah, it is. Of course this and the other paragraph of yours is right up the alley of the gaia theory, the conscious universe theory, the organicly growing universe theory.

S

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    Because we are created in God's image; and God is a virus.

That has so many levels to it, physical and psychological.

I'm sure glad I don't have to trek up to some out of the way grotto up on a mountain to get your succint but deep expressions.

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

Satanus, there is an interesting sci-fi book on this very subject. Its called Darwin's Radio by Greg Bear. He basically theorizes (using a fictional story line) that a virus all humans carry induces evolution. I really enjoyed the book, but unfortunately never got to finish it.

If you have time or inclination, check it out. Its a fairly intelligent book.

~Snap

• Satanus
    Satanus

Snapdragon

Thanks. This sounds interesting. I have read most of his other books.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit