Where did Aluminium nonsence came from?

by badboy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

The WT once did a campaign against aluminium saying it saused cancers,among other things.

Where did they get this idea from?

• Englishman
    Englishman

I believe that most of the problem stems from Americans who can't pronounce the word correctly.

Englishman.

• badboy
    badboy

Expain please,Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Mike.
    Ya beat me to the punch.
    That's exactly what I thought, when I saw the thread title.
    Once more going to prove that if you're not fast you're last!

• Sherri
    Sherri

Allow me to explain, badboy.

Us Yanks pronounce this word without the second i: aluminum (rhymes with bum).

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

British pronunciation: Al.um.in.ee.um
    Mercan pronunciation: Al.ooo.min.um

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I don't know anything about the borg, but I do remember my grandpa not allowing aluminum pots and pans in the house because he thought cooking in them causes senility.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Who knows if Rutherford had stocks or commodities in other metals?

i wish someone knew?

Or else he was just ruffling his org, to see how faithful they would be?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Ummm... there is medical evidence that when using cooking utensils (pots and pans) and such (even drinking from aluminum cans), the body ingests bits of aluminum.

The body is not able to 'throw off' the aluminum, and it tends to wind up collecting in the brain... eventually leads to alzheimers, or some such.

Do a Google on alzheimers and aluminum... you'll no doubt pick up a few 'hits' on the topic.

As for the WTBTS doing a 'campaign' - I seem to remember they used to do those things long ago.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Go to the following link to see everything the W.T. has ever said about aluminum.

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/aluminum.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit