Remembering

by Granny Linda 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

I spoke with my elderly aunt yesterday about much of what I've read over this past week...catching up on The Best of Series...well, some of it anyhow; and her comments echoed much of what many former JW's have already spoken of.

She reminded me how many years ago when her one grandchild needed a blood transfusion and her daughter had called in a panic...my aunt simply told her to do what she felt for best for the child - not the church. Or, the sometimes humerous stories of field service - the dreaded thought that someone might actually answer their door.

My aunt releated how her own father had once asked if she wanted to "pioneer" and when my aunt told him, "no" my grandfather had the most shocked look on his face.

Needless to say my aunt has long ago been df, but the memories are still there along with the endless shunning from family. And she is near 80 years of age now. At any rate my beloved Aunt Jeannie sends each and everyone of you her love.

GL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Octogenarian exJW's get all our love and best wishes.

Please send a little back her way, for us!

• Been there
    Been there

I wish my old aunt was like your old aunt. Love back to her! She sounds like a blast.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

wow, I wish I had an aunt to talk to like that....I bet you learn something new about yourself everytime you talk to her. Tell her to keep on rockin!

• acsot
    acsot

Granny Linda: Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Give your Aunt a big hug from all of us.

((Granny Linda))

• omegaone
    omegaone

Give her a hug as big as big as Texas and the biggest southern smile from all in ATL, GA...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit