I went to mass on Sunday

by RunningMan 4 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Yes, that's right, you heard it here first.

I was in Montreal on the weekend, and on Sunday, my family toured the fabulous Notre Dame Bassilica - it is truly an unbelieveable building. Anyway, five o'clock approached and they started shoeing out the visitors so that they wouldn't scare God away from the serious Catholics. Apparently, he's very timid. We decided to stay for the show, and even though it was in French, it was pretty impressive. We nicked out just before the collection plate came around - I'm not that liberal. Then we went for supper at Celine Dione's restaurant.

So, when my mother asks if we got to a meeting on the weekend, I can honestly reply - "sort of".

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The Bascillica is an awesome building. I used to take groups of JW kids through there. One thing we always pointed out was a picture of John the Baptist carrying a cross. Since John was killed before Christ we thought the cross was a tad odd. Oh they close "public" buildings in Montreal quite early hence the shooing you out before 5.

And I love Nickels and am looking forward to going to one again while I am in Montreal

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Woo Hoo!!! Way to go, Nos!!!

I, too, have been known to visit a spiritual institution now and again.That's what freedom is all about!

Love,

ESTEE

• Scully
    Scully

The Notre Dame Basilica is a beautiful place.

I remember going there as a JW - we were taking non-JW relatives sight-seeing - and while they went inside to look around, we stood outside afraid of what would happen if we entered the realm of Satan the Devil.

Next time you go to Montreal, let us all know so we can arrange an Aposto-dinner! They don't happen nearly often enough.

Love, Scully

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Woo Hoo!!! Way to go, Nos!!!

Oooops ... Sorry, I mean RunningMan!

Love,

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit