Best Jehovah's Witness - Village Voice Oct 6-12

by NewYork44M 7 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Check out page 28 from the "Best of New York" issue:

"His wisper could be a mantra, but more likely he's just nervous. Be that as it may THE QUIET MAN WHO HANDS OUT'THE 'THE WATCHTOWER' AT THE METROPOLITAN G/LORIMAR L makes Droopy Dog look like a cocksure speed freak and has dome more to humanize his religion than packs of bothersome type A doorbell pushers. Sure, I've never seen him successfully unload a single copy, but his near silent vigil illustrates hardcore faith with a refreshingly unobtrusive proselytizing streak"

• willyloman
    willyloman

This guy may be the Voice's choice for Best JW, but you can bet he makes the average dub very uncomfortable.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

44 was that the full quote? i don't read the voice much, unless i find one on the subway. we have some jw's that can fit that description in my area. we have one old jw that stands one the corner of a gas station. all day almost daily. allways alone he looks like a wooden indian. one morning i saw this jw walking towards the gas station from about mile and 1/2 away. this man has to be atr least 75 years old. i feel sorry for him as he seems alone in a spritual paradise. i stopped asking him wt questions. it amazes he what mind control can do. john

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Johnny, That was the full quote. The thing that struck me about the description is that it could apply to most of the pubs doing street witnessing. I pass through Grand Central Station n NYC every day and will see one or two individuals with the mags. They are usually standing out of the way, inorder to avoid eye contact. They seem to want to put in the time, but not much else. It does not seem that they are passing out many magazines. Occassionally I see an agressive pub. When that happens you will see the trash can with a few mags not too far away.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

44 i agree; i've seen jw's all over the major stations. when i have time i stop and question them. most times they get pissed with my questions. in a few minutes. and tell me to leave.lol i say what this is a public place. and i can stand here as long as i want, and say what i want. i agree they don't seem like thay want to talk to anyone. just stand there like a zombie and collect time, making believe they are doing the preaching work. john

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

44, we probably pass each other every morning at GCT! The dubs usually hang out near or in the tunnel to the Shuttle Train, downstairs near the 4-5-6 & 7 lines. Some days, if I am not in a rush, I go stand in front of them (as they sit on the wooden benches near the token booth), shake my head, and say, "You're not actually gonna COUNT this time, are you?"

It's nice to start my day with a smile!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just you wait... it's just a matter of time before they discover that this guy is a serial killer who eats the hearts' brains' and uterus' of hookers.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Michael, It is very possible that we cross paths every day. I come to GCS via the shuttle. We are probably talking about the same old sister with her mags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit