WOMD Decider Today.

by Englishman 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yup.

Wales On Match of the Day against England. A World Cup qualifying match. It's been 20 years since England last played against Wales in a competative match.

I predict a 4 - 1 win to England...and it's on Match of the Day instead of sattelite TV!

15 minutes to go before kick off.

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman

England win 2 - 0.

A superb second half goal by Beckham knocked the stuffing out of Wales.

Englishman.

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

Reading the title I thought you'd found evidence of weapons of mass destruction...in Iraq.....okay maybe they don't have 'em, but they coulda taught other terrorists to make them.....

I only know you're talking about soccer because of the Beckham mention. I'm soooo American.

~Snap

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    A superb second half goal by Beckham knocked the stuffing out of Wales.

uh, excuse my ignorance, but I thought Beckham was traded to Spain. Was he traded back, or is he playing on a national team.... ?

• Simon
    Simon

He plays for a Spanish club team but he's still English so plays for our national squad.

Not a bad result for England but really, we should be getting better wins against (sorry) lesser teams.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah.. many players play for teams in countries that are not home. For example, a sizeable proportion of London team Arsenal are actually French. This means you often get a situation where, for example, an English Arsenal player will be playing against a French Arsenal player if the England National side are drawn against France's International side. Team mate against team mate often happens in International matches.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit