If you have information concerning perp Wade Poyner....

by stillconcerned 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

... of Woodland, Washington, please contact me.

Your information may be helpful to abuse victims.

Kimberlee D. Norris

attorney at law

[email protected]

• sf
    sf

Not sure how much history you have on his family, but I did find this:

www.thereflector.com/PAGES/news.html

sKally

• outoftheorg
  • DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

This guy is my daughters uncle.

• sf
    sf

Well, I'll be damned. The page I posted above DID contain an obituary of one of Wade's relatives; a brother I think. It is simply not there any longer AND the search engine is not pulling it up any longer either. It WAS the first search hit google pullled up too. Yet it is gone now.

I KNEW I should have pasted the text, as my gut told me this might happen (someone didn't want the relatives names revealed so as that no one could contact them).

Sorry Kim. I'll try searching it through a different engine. It WAS there!

sKally

• sf
    sf

AH, webcrawler...THE best search engine, pulled it up. Not sure why it disappeared from the google engine. Yet here it is. This time I'll paste all of the pages text:

http://www.thedailyworld.com/archive/2004/09/15/Obituaries/287659.html

Shedrick Poyner -September 10, 2004

WOODLAND - Former Aberdeen resident Shedrick T. Poyner, 88, of Woodland, a longtime Jehovah's Witness, died Friday, Sept. 10, 2004, at his home.

Mr. Poyner was born Aug. 31, 1916, in Clay County, Ark., to Robert and Auda Poyner. He and his family moved to Everett in 1920. His parents began attending meetings of the International Bible Students Association, now known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

The family moved to Eastern Washington when Mr. Poyner was a teenager, and he began working as a cowboy for a $1 a day plus room and board. He herded cattle and rode the range between the Saddle Mountains and Ephrata.

Attempting to dissuade Jehovah's Witness friends, his interest was renewed. He was baptized in 1938 and entered full-time ministry in 1941.

In 1951, he and his wife Wilma became missionaries in Suriname in South America. After two years, his wife's health problems caused them to return to the United States. She died in 1988. Twelve congregations later, he settled in Woodland, where the Kingdom Hall sits on property he and his family donated.

In 1991, Mr. Poyner married Ruth Brecht, a longtime family friend, and they continued in Jehovah's Witness ministry. He also enjoyed working on his small farm, music and playing his guitar for family and friends. He remained a cowboy at heart, his family said.

Survivors include his wife of Woodland, two children, Wade of Longview and Traci of La Center; four stepchildren, Steve, Ken, Doug and Sue; two brothers, Armous and Paul; a grandchild and 11 stepgrandchildren.

A brother, Gordon, and sister, Delores, died previously.

A memorial service is scheduled for 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 19, at the Woodland/Ridgefield Kingdom Hall.

Arrangements are by the Woodland Funeral Home at Woodland.

Memorial donations are suggested to the Ridgefield Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It seems too, that I was confused, by memory, of whom Wade is in relation to the deceased in this obituary. It appears to be his father.

Googles page list the full name of WADE POYNER. Webcrawler just lists him as Wade.

Hope this helps.

sKally

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

You are right, it was his (Wade's) father. Ruth Brecht is my children's grandmother. Their (my children's) father is one of the stepson's. Ken.

• Timay777
    Timay777

My Dad is the one who pressed charges in 1997 against Wade Poyner for molesting my brother and I. My mom knew about it since 1991 and never told my dad until 1997. She didn’t want to drag “Jehovah’s name in the mud” by reporting it. The Elders told my dad to not to go to the police. My dad went to the police anyways and it was on the local news. Wade wrote a list of all the kids he molested in the Kingdom Hall that took place over decades. I believe it was 12 total. I know for a fact that Wade molested other boys during the period from 1991-1997. He is now deceased. He died from a gangrene infection in his leg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit