Who in their right mind would leave a 5 week old baby alone?

by WildHorses 7 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

This si so sad. I wish the story were more detailed as to where the grandmother was. I would never leave a child that age alone let alone with a dog.

• Brummie
    Brummie

How sad :(

Yeah who could leave a 5 wk baby alone with a dog?????? Still that grandma will now serve a life sentence mentally...

Brummie

• Scully
    Scully

omg... this is sickening.

This is one thing more parents need to be taught - that the usually "loving" family dog can instinctually become very aggressive with a newborn, especially when the baby begins to cry. I always find out whether a family owns a dog before sending them home with their new baby, and I tell them how important it is to NEVER leave a baby unattended when a dog is on the premises.

While the owner - whom the dog perceives to be in the "alpha" position - is around, the dog knows its place and will leave the baby alone. When the owner is not around, the dog very quickly tries to assert its position in the "pecking order". The dog does not differentiate between humans and dogs - it just assumes that everyone else is another dog - and it views the baby as a new member of the pack.

In a litter of puppies, the mother dog will bite down on the whimpering puppy's head, and let go when it stops whimpering. This is how a puppy learns submission to the hierarchy of the pack. Babies don't stop crying when the dog bites its head - it cries louder, which makes the dog bite harder.

When new parents understand this, they are very quick in deciding that it's time to re-introduce "Rover" to the crate at night.

Love, Scully

• Brummie
    Brummie

That was veeeery interesting Scully!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    In a litter of puppies, the mother dog will bite down on the whimpering puppy's head, and let go when it stops whimpering. This is how a puppy learns submission to the hierarchy of the pack.

I've had dogs my whole life and never knew that. Maybe more Nurses need to inform patients as you do. It's so sad. That baby never had a chance.

• sandy
    sandy

This is so sad. With so much awareness these days about child abuse/neglect it is hard to believe things like this can happen.

I know accidents happen and people do not always use good judgment or even their common sense but this really enrages me.

What the hell is wrong with people!!! Maybe it is too harsh but some people do not deserve children!!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

sounds like those kids are doing their best to do right.. working ..obviously at jobs that they couldnt afford child care ( whole nuther BIG issue) . my heart goes out to them.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

OH. I read the thread headline and I thought you were talking about MOSES, the original abandoned baby.

-Eduardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit