*** NEW DVD _ YOUNG PEOPLE ASK: WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY LIFE ***

by truthseeker 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

The new DVD also makes an excellent coaster. Great for preventing those unsightly water rings on your coffee table!

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

truthseeker's synopsis:

The youth is in high school, is an excellent runner, and gets side tracked from spiritual things. Though he is not yet baptized, he is working towards it, and pressure from the coach to win the tournament causes him to miss meetings. His father is an unbeliever, but his mother and grandmother are witnesses. An elder helps put his goals right, and he makes the decision to leave the team and take up regular pioneering. The story is about 45 minutes long.

Having seen this production at a recent bookstudy, I would add that the elder mentioned above was an gentleman that had survived the concentration camps in WWII Germany as a loyal JW. His story paralleled the youth's in that he had been an Olympic hopeful himself (a swimmer), but had weighed the choices and left swimming to start pioneering just before Hitler came into power. Although portrayed in an emotionally appealling manner to JW's, the elder was a study in absolutism and I almost expected to see him berating Col. Hogan or Sgt. Schultz. Instead we see his gentle tutelage guiding the youth away from his own heart's desire.

IT Support makes an observation at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/79209/1.ashx that this DVD verifies.

What is most disturbing about this DVD is that the choice presented is black or white, the world or Jehovah. It is not balanced at all. If someone has a "gift" why not use it to the glory of God? Life is not the one-size-fits-all straitjacket that the WTBTS would love for us all to believe.

• Neo
    Neo

bttt

• Dustin
    Dustin

What will I do with my life? Let's see, I'll skip college, get married young so I can have sex, and then I'll get divorced because she cheated on me with some other guy, then I'll have sex with like a hundred women because I was sexually repressed my whole life, then I'll get df'd for it.

That's the life of a couple of people I know. Lovely huh???

Dustin

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

OR

Young Person Asks: What will I do with my life?

Watch Tower: Peddle Jehovah's magazines and clean toilets.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    What will I do with my life? Let's see, I'll skip college, get married young so I can have sex, and then I'll get divorced because she cheated on me with some other guy, then I'll have sex with like a hundred women because I was sexually repressed my whole life, then I'll get df'd for it.

god, if only I could have done it that way!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Man I couldn't have said it better. They are so f*cked up!

What's amazing is that they are OK with that. At least you not "worldly". They would rather their children be witness "assholes & whores" than "worldly saints".

This kinda crap exceeds my "God" given brains ability to comprehend.

u/d

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    The youth is in high school, is an excellent runner, and gets side tracked from spiritual things. Though he is not yet baptized, he is working towards it, and pressure from the coach to win the tournament causes him to miss meetings. His father is an unbeliever, but his mother and grandmother are witnesses. An elder helps put his goals right, and he makes the decision to leave the team and take up regular pioneering.

Arrrgh! Lost another one to Di-Tech the Society!

laters

kaykay_mp

• upside/down
    upside/down

So I'm curious, was Jesus "side tracked" from "spiritual" things till he was 30?

If not, than how come the Dubs don't follow the Lord's example and start their magazine sales internship "ministry" when they are 30?

Why is serving J enexhorably tied to your "ministry" (whatever that is)? Isn't living and being a good human pleasing to "God"? Apparently not, He would rather have a bunch of inbred power monger control freaks instead of loving "live and let live" people (according to the highly religious types).

They exhaust me,

u/d

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I saw the dvd a few weeks ago. Just the thought of it is nauseating.

And definitely, the thing that is really evident in this production is the amount of guilt it attempts to create inside young people. They want to eliminate any possible dreams that the youth might have in an attempt to create an army of drones that will serve the corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit