A georgeous day......again!

by Carmel 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Just returned from a rather harrowing trip to Nome, Alaska! Seems every flight I was on was full and all kinds of weird stuff happens when their over-booked. Half way from Anchorage to Nome the plane suddenly turns around and heads back. Seems the dashboard light shows smoke in the luggage compartment. Even though it was a false alarm the flight was terminated and so I arrived twelve hours late. The project went off the next day without a hitch and the weather even cooperated by getting above freezing until I left last night. Took over fourteen hours to get home with all the flights over-booked again but it feels good to get back and relax looking out over the bay and checking JWD. Great visit with Onacruse and Bicker Chick on the way so it was an all-round good trip. Life is good, especially since the mountain didn't blow the two times we flew over it....

carmel of the "glad to be back" class (somewhat related to standby, I think)

• outnfree
    outnfree

How nice that you're back safely and happy to be home!

(I'm jealous that you got to meet Kate & Craig, though.)

outnfree

• Princess
    Princess
    Bicker Chick

Hee hee hee...that's funny.

Glad you made it home safe Todd. Great day in the PNW, eh?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Princess! I was thinking of you and Steve as the plane was coming in toward Sea Tac over north Seattle. Missed having a gathering in your back yard this summer! I was pretty busy getting ready for a family reunion in July and time went by and all kinds of fun things going on so I never made it to any of the Seattle postafests! Maybe next year!

Tell Steve HI for me and if you guys ever get down Astoia way, we'd love to have you for a back yard dinner!

carm

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hey Tod!

Great visit with Onacruse and Bicker Chick on the way so it was an all-round good trip. Life is good, especially since the mountain didn't blow the two times we flew over it....

carmel of the "glad to be back" class (somewhat related to standby, I think)

and I was worried you were going to miss your flight out of Portland........guess it went well, good!

Bicker Chick

Hee hee hee...that's funny.

Princess, LOL leave him alone......he can misspell my name if he wants.

He also misspells onacruse, but then so does onacruse so it just proves men ain't so smart after all eh? LOL

b(small "b")i(no "c")kerchic(no "K"), but then it's Bickerchick to those who must.....

• Carmel
    Carmel

hey quitcher "bickerin"

carmel who finally got some sleep

• Princess
    Princess

Hey Tod, you didn't miss anything. We didn't do a summer 'fest this year. With vacations and work and all it was just a bit too much for me so we opted out. We are having a 'fest at Christmas and we'd love to see you then. Regardless, we'll take you up on that backyard BBQ offer someday. I love Astoria and would love to visit again.

I know Kate, men and spelling...what's up with that? I just couldn't resist the "bicker" though. Too funny to let it slide...

See you Saturday!

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit