I got counselling for my daughter!

by Jez 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jez
    Jez

Update: The studying with my daughter is great. I have also decided to set up some counselling for her. I have free counselling through work, they set it up, find an appropriate counseller given the circumstances, etc. So we found this kind, peace-loving, granola type to talk with my daughter. I have talked to the counseller about how she is coming out of a cultish religion based on fear and threats of death. The counseller is going to try to open her up to see that the world is bigger than JW's and kinder than portrayed by them. I can't wait to start. Even if my ex does get to her with JW teachings, at least my daughter will always remember the logical thinking that she is getting in her youth and while I can't teach her every little doctrine/belief/rule that is wrong.....she will learn HOW TO figure out what is crap and what is not ON HER OWN. That is my hope.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Seems like the best way for you not to be the one that gets blamed for telling her the real truth!

Atta boy! (girl)

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

You have my sympathies. It sounds like your child is going to be in this tug of war. It's going to make for some difficult times ahead. Getting her the councillor was an excellent idea. Good luck to you and your family.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Good for you Jez! Maybe some counseling now means she won't be sitting in the therapist's office as a young adult when she should be out enjoying life. Good thinking Mom!

O

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Good for you, and your daughter, Jez. I'm happy you are taking care of her best interests by getting her some balanced help, and letting her know it's not just your ideas, but that the world is an interesting and wonderful place.

Hugs

Bren

• outnfree
    outnfree

WOO HOO, Jez! That sounds GREAT!

Best wishes for a non-programmable child,

outnfree

• jgnat
    jgnat

**** giggling about the "granola type" ****

Children are smarter than we give them credit for. I predict a healthy and happy young adulthood for your daughter.

• bebu
    bebu
    **** giggling about the "granola type" ****

Perhaps, jgnat, that counselor is an old friend of yours?...

Jez, sounds like a wonderful way to repair damage and plant deep seeds for clear thinking.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit