Let's Start Again.

by Englishman 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Neither Her Ladyship or myself are at our best first thing in the morning. Occasionally, we even get grouchy and hissy with each other!

However, one of us will quite quickly cotton on to the fact that we're going into a "mode", and suggest to the other that we start the day again. The other generally agrees and the matter ends there and then. No apologies or grovelling required, just 2 people who'd rather be on good terms than bad. Coffee tastes so much better with love and too.

Some people have returned to the forum here by simply stating that they wish to make a fresh start. Again no grovelling or apologies have been offered, nor have any been asked for. I guess there will always be exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking, it's worked out pretty well.

Maybe that's the way forward in the ex-JW cyber-world?

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You know what I reckon, Mike? When you've been through a life-threatening situation you get to realise the things that are really important.

What's the use of having a couple of Rolex watches in the bedside drawer when you're lying on an operating table? No use at all.

So it is with relationships. Some things are just not worth fighting about.

And so it is with JWD. The things that are really important have to do with people recovering from their time in the Borg.

Sometimes we get taken up by so much crap here that we lose focus on what's really important.

Starting again or starting over or starting afresh really means starting doing some forgetting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit