• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Oh my God!

This morning the front page headline on my newspaper was this:

"Victim hung on to faith"

If you saw my post yesterday, four young JW's were killed in a car
    accident. Well, it appears that one of them hung on till the next day
    before he passed away - all the while steadfastly hanging on to his
    insane belief, while the vultures from the HLC looked on.

What a tragedy and embarassment. Here's the link:

http://www.leaderpost.com/cgi-bin/LiveIque.acgi$sch=frontpage?frontpage

• outnfree
    outnfree

How tragic!

Will you go to this kingdom hall in a few month's time with flyers that merely say www.ajwrb.org and put them under the windshields?
    Or go to the writer of this article in the Regina paper and direct him to the site so that he might do a follow-up on the controversy and the needlessness of this young man's death? Or do something else locally to try to effect a change in JW policy or at the very least educate the members properly on what is and is not acceptable?

As moral persons who have a unique understanding of just how brain-washed the average Witness is on this matter, should we not feel an obligation to help at least in our little corner of the world?

This is what I would urge all readers of this board to do. Just make a difference in your immediate environment. One life saved, one less family devastated, one more baby step to global awareness should be worth the effort expended.

Running Man,
    if you do not feel in a position to take any of these steps for personal reasons, please let me know at [email protected]
    I will then take the initiative to follow-up in some way.

News like this breaks my heart.

outnfree

• comment
    comment

A quote from an elder in the congregation of the victims:

"It's really going to make the young ones in our congregation sit up and take notice of their lives, what they want to do with them," Gilbert said of the deaths.

Must death ALWAYS have a didactic value?

A secular reader will probably see this quote as meaning "Life is short; enjoy your family and friends and try to do good to others while you can." Witnesses will know it means "Pioneer! Go to Bethel! Do more and more and more!"

comment

• Moxy
    Moxy

clicking on the link will not work becuase the query string is not getting parsed.

cut and paste the following:
    http://www.leaderpost.com/cgi-bin/LiveIQue.acgi$rec=4721?frontpage

mox

• sf
    sf

Hi outnfree,

You said here:

"As moral persons who have a unique understanding of just how brain-washed the average Witness is on this matter, should we not feel an obligation to help at least in our little corner of the world?

This is what I would urge all readers of this board to do. Just make a difference in your immediate environment. One life saved, one less family devastated, one more baby step to global awareness should be worth the effort expended."

I absolutely agree. Every time I get a story like this, I immediately email the source of the news; alon with websites and addys that directly expose the korruption of the WTBTS. We can all do something in our own community to shed FLOOD LIGHTS on this org.

Have a great day!

sKally (bbqing ginger teriyaki shish kabobs...gotta run klass)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit