Fouth of July Celebrating!

by Lindy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

Happy Fourth of July everyone who celebrates it. So is anyone having fun today? Picnics, fireworks, parades? And for you who don't celebrate, have one on us anyway!

Mommie Dark (my well loved SIL) and I will be going to a big family shin-dig. A belated 60th anniversary party for our Uncle and Aunt. That is, it will be big if all the relations show up and we don't get rained out!! Family that I am sure I won't recognize will be there if all invited show. Our JW sister won't be there but wishes us to have fun without her. How gracious of her, considering the day. I guess if you mix holidays and "apostates" together in one place it is just to much to ask! He he he. Like rolling in poison ivy and expecting not to catch it, huh! LOL [8>]

I wonder if the other family Jdubs will show up? Hope so, I miss seeing them.

It should be fun though, someone is bound to do something worth gossiping about, don't ya think?...might even be me! Of course, you know, it would never be Mommie! What fun things are now that we are free to go and do what we please without the shadow of religious guilt trailing behind us watching our every move.

As Always,
    Lindy

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Lindy: Last night Chicago held its fireworks display. They do it a day early here so that they will not take away from the surburban cities on the fourth. Typically, "The Taste of Chicago" celebration has over one million (1.1 Mil) people turn out "just" for the fireworks display over Lake Michigan, with the Chicago Symphony playing in the background. They time the fireworks to the music. It is awesome.

I grew up being patriotic. In the late 1960s when patriotism was at a low ebb, I accepted the JW neutrality position. But I never understood the rest of their lack of citizenship, such as not voting or serving on a Jury. Since I left the JWs in 1992, I have starting voting and joined the Republican Party. [I need to add that I understood the WTS policy on this, but what I mean is that I never saw the sense in it.]

Shortly after I left the JWs, I held a small elected Precinct office, and was asked to run for County Coroner. LOL I asked the Party Chairman what kind of campaign would I possibly run as Coroner? What would be my slogan? "When I declare them dead, they are really dead!"

I believe that politics is healthy to a point, as is patriotism, and people working together to make a community, a state, or a nation work. I think there are times to back away from such things, and a time to jump in the middle and lend a helping hand. - Amazing

• Englishman
    Englishman

Amazing,

When I declare them dead, they are really dead!"

Coroner: "So then, Mr Pathologist, when you commenced the autopsy, how can you be absolutely convinced that Mr---- was, in fact, dead?"

Pathologist: "His brain was in a jar on my desk".

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hello Auntie,

I bet you are excited. I would sure like to have the opportunity to see my family member's, particularly in a picnic, party atmosphere. Hope you have a blast.

Can we have a full report, gossip and all?

Danny

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi Danny,
    I will make a full report of any of the big momments!! Now, if the family will live up (down) to full expectations so that there is something to report!!

Lindy

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Amazing,

Actual court transcript:

Lawyer: "How many autopsies have you performed on dead people?"

Coroner: "ALL my autopsies have been on dead people!"

Thirdson

P.S. This non-citizen will be down at the local lake for a concert and fireworks display tonight.

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((auntie))))))))))))))have a great time with md!! luv,Tina

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are going to the local (small suburb town) parade. My grandkids and daughter and son in law are in it, wearing Old Navy t shirts, with a big flag on the chest. All of us are ex dubs. Should be fun. The fog is coming in too, so it won't be as hot as formerly predicted.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Lindy
    Lindy

Have fun Mulan, it's raining here so this might just be a dud day because it is out back in an orchard and there is no shelter and the daughters who planned this thing didn't think of the possibility of rain and there won't be any canopies unless they go out and rent them the last minute. Good luck doing so on the fouth of July, huh? Maybe I will gather everyone up and bring them over here. We have a big double garage that we can use to shelter the party and the rest of the house and a big front porch. Should work, maybe?

Hopefully the rain will stop by 5 when it is slated to start.

Lindy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit