Info please re Dateline airing

by lauralisa 4 Replies latest jw friends

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

I understand that there will be a "Dateline" show about the WTBS or whatever it's referred to now airing in the near future.

I'm clueless about TV but would like to see it; could anyone please give me details about what it will be about and when it will air? Thank you ....

LL

It's just water.... it's just water from a stranger's tear
    (Peter Gabriel)

• AlanF
    AlanF

The program will be about how the Watchtower Society handles (or mishandles) child molesters in its midst, from the standpoint of William Bowen and various people who were molested by JWs. The program will probably air in September, but don't hold your breath.

AlanF

• sf
    sf

SEPTEMBER??!!

Why? Why pushed back so far now? This is unacceptable, to the kids!!!! To the ones who have no clue and are studying BELIEVING it is indeed "THE TRUTH". This is just too much more time that MORE KIDS ARE GOING TO BE ABUSED! And more peds will be protected I am livid over this news. I will be in touch soon Alan. Thanx for the update.

sKally, tired of waiting--time to ACT klass--(i've already been too patient as it is)

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

sf, September is probably good. The audience will probably be larger than if it was aired during the summer. Reaching more people is better, right?

Sam Beli

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Yes all:

Airing to a larger audience is what Dateline wants to do. The fall, when the viewing numbers will be larger will be alot more effective and that is what Dateline wants....to be effective.

Yes I was disappointed at first, but whatever it takes to make this the most productive exposure possible, is the ultimate goal...so that the WTS feels the hardest blow possible. So we'll all have to be patient and trust that everyone involved has the right motives for exposing this dreadful situation...first and foremost...the protection and vindication of the children...and...the bringing of the WTS to their knees to prevent this from happening anymore.

Had Enough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit