C.O. Location ?

by HoChiMin 6 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Being from the New England area, where this c.o. liked to kick ass, a few of my elder friends wanted to know whether anyone has heard of whatever happened to a circuit overseer by the name of Terry Angelacos. That c.o. had a reputation of really trying to get elders removed and then he'd gloat about it at the congregation meetings. My friend got removed by this c.o. in the late 80's. Now he's back as an elder but started to read this site. Incidentally my elder friend is having his own crisis of conscience and realizes the hypocrisy of it all. Any help would be appreciated .

HCM

• zev
    zev

i too and from the n.e. area, but have never heard of that name.
    sorry.

but its nice to meet you

Gramps
    __
    zev
    Now feeling the pain of sitting on the pickets class.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Terry Angelacos was our CO in 1979/80 in NE Ohio. I remember him vivdly, huge man who was extremely picky about what he ate, claimed he had 'hypoglycemia' and needed a high protein diet. The sisters had a cow trying to cook for him as I recall.

He's the nit who told a car group that if we were ever counseled for something we hadn't done, we should gratefully accept the counsel anyway, no matter how harsh or underserved. And told a Bethel story of being reamed out for something he hadn't done and taking the blame and the tongue-lashing humbly. (and how HUMBLE of him to share that with us!)

His wife worked with me in one neighborhood; she couldn't stand my babies, though, and asked me straight up to take them home. Suggested I find another single mother to trade babysitting with so we wouldn't be dragging our noisy distracting strollerbabies around in the precious field service! And yes I took that insulting advice quietly, just like the CO said I should. Good dubmissive idiot that I was...

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Yeah where is that rat?

IBBEROEAN "Just making sure!"

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Thank you

I heard he was no longer a C.O. , not that it matters any more but if i can help at least two more elders to get out by giving them any info. i'll gladly do it.

HCM

• joelbear
    joelbear

Speaking of rats,

Has anyone here ever run into a Don Campbell. He was CO in South Georgia for a while. He had a wife who has a lot of problems with nerves and depression.

He was quite a jerk. I should thank him. He was the main contributing factor to my ending my career as a pioneer.

hugs

Joel

• metatron
    metatron

Wouldn't it be great to have someone say that you should
    take counsel anyway, even if it's not true?

Logically, your immediate reply should be:

"OK, then you're a jackass"

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit