what do you think?

by sometimeleft 2 Replies latest jw friends

• sometimeleft
    sometimeleft

Since my wife and I d/a ourselves , we bumped into 3 people from our former congregation . Two of them was an elder and his wife . I was walking down a grocery store isle and her's this elder walking towards me. Well what to do? I wasn't going to turn back . I kept on walking towards them .They saw me and the elder looked up at the cieling and away . I said hello to him by name - He ignored me . THen I passed his wife and I repeated the greeting. she looked uncomfortable made some whimpering sounds and also ignored me. JBut you know ? Iwas glas i greeted them .I felt I was being polite even though I knew they were shunning us the past 2 yrs. I didn't want thenm to gossip that i didn't greet them cause that's what they would have done - I put the onus (is that how you spell it?) on them. Next incident was at an outside patio .My wife and I were having a jug of coors light. and a basket of fries . Well who do we see - This sister ( a weak one at that) who was waitressing also ignored us.I expected this from the other two but not her considering the partying she does and the long trips she takes (3 months at a time) . I doubt very much that she attends meetings while away but that's conjecture -but with reason (.Her dad is a wwell -liked M/S .)-I have another story down the road to tell about him) . This girl waited all around us and passed her at one point to go to the men's room . NOthing - not one word .

I wonder what kind of organization expects to draw people back by treating them like that . The truth is as others on ths site mentioned (and I agree )is to keep us from drawing them away with the real truth that they are hypocrates .j This shunning is to protect the organization from being fully discovered . But give it time - It will happen .

What do you think ?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup! I love to un-shun JWs!

They think they have the upperhand by shunning you... until you start talking to them!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I liked the looks I got when I talked to a DF'd person at a meeting. Sure I got talked to afterwards, but it felt good. I'm sure she felt a lot better too.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit