Is the U:S ahead of the rest of the world?

by vitty 7 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Do you think Dubs in USA find out quicker or know more about the organization, than Europe?

You do seem to talk about things and people ive never heard of. Up until 6 months ago i was (happily!!!) going to meetings and on the sevice till i came across this board!!

For instance the silent lambs, no one i knew, or admitted including me had any idea about this, until a program was on the telly a couple of years ago, even then i still didnt question the org. But it seems in USA people have been campaiging for years.

Obviously now more people everywhere have access to the internet, it will make a difference.

But its obvious poeple in the third world (and thats where they are being targeted) it will take years for them to get to know the truth about the "truth" It makes me so sad to think that TODAY poeple are starting a study and a life in the org without knowing the nightmare that will start. And maybe waste 20 years of thieres and thiere childrens lives.

• El blanko
    El blanko

I think the basic message is the same the world over (obviously).

There may be a difference in terms of information retrieval and distribution due to technology, but that is difficult to quantify.

People are people are people are people.

Hi by the way

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Of course it's quicker. It's an American organization, so of course Americans will get the news first.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Is the US ahead of the rest of the world? No way !! Just look at a map.

Everyone can see that downunder gets to see each new day first!!!!

24-hour World time zones map with current time

TIME ABOVE THE MAP REFLECTS STANDARD TIME (ST) IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE
    USA, CANADA, MEXICO, EUROPE, RUSSIA, part of CENTRAL ASIA OBSERVE DST (SUMMER TIME) (+1 HOUR)
    -12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-10+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12
    M|YXWVUTSRQPONZABCDEFGHIKLM|Y
  • Englishman
    Englishman

The USA will only pull level with with the rest of the world when all Americans own an electric kettle.

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mike,

Will a billycan do?

Ozzie

• Annanias
    Annanias

vittvin, news is news is news. I'm sure that somebody in the dark recesses of Nambia won't be able to get their 5 minute Dow Jones quotes, but the world is interrelated and interwired to the point that if the info becomes available, everybody pretty much hears it at the same time. The info becomming factually avavilable is the trick.

You implied that you are no longer "happily" going to meetings and FS, and I am sorry to hear that. I realize that everyone has their own view of this board and it's purposes; however, I like to think that actively discouraging anybody from anything that makes them happy should be frowned upon, happiness being in such short supply these days.

"It makes me so sad to think that TODAY poeple are starting a study and a life in the org without knowing the nightmare that will start. And maybe waste 20 years of thieres and thiere childrens lives."

Are you sure that everybody thinks that life within the borg is a nightmare? Even the pod people in "The Body Snatchers" were content. I like the differing views on this board, but I don't agree with all of them; but then, I didn't necessarily agree with all the views I heard at a KH either. The value of this board is how it encourages, demonstrates, and exemplifies thinking for ones self.

• vitty
    vitty

Annanias

I do agree, some of my own family are very happy to be in the truth, but i know some like me are struggling. I was very happy for the first few years, then things start to happen and you think "What is wrong with me why cant i do this" for years i studied, pionnered went to every meeting MADE my family go, we were told we lived in a spirtual paradise with a spirtual banquet and nothing was lacking, if there was a problem it was our fault. And that is when my nightmare started

The pressure I put myself and my family under was incredible and i wasnt the only one, most of my friends are under maybe more pressure than I. But you feel there is no other way, no other life outside the org, now i know there is and i know that wont be easy either, but this is going away from the original thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit