more directions to beth shan

by why144000 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• why144000
    why144000

The address for Beth Shan is Cnr Le Barron Rd and Avion Way San Diego.

The map can be found at

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype=address&cat=&address=Le%20Barron%20Rd%20%26%20Avion%20Way&city=San%20Diego&state=CA&zipcode=92115&search=Get%20Map

I will scan pictures of the bunker and place them on the site next week.

regards

why144000

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Um the link took me to a site on Mapquest of the US with a star in the middle of the country - somehow I don't think that is what you meant

• why144000
    why144000

Bloody Mapquest! I double checked the link before I posted it. Look for ther corner of Le Barron Rd and Avion Way CA. and you should find the map.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Already did that why144000 but it gives no detail the way soem other maps do. Just a corner of two streets. Not much help

• Farkel
    Farkel

why144000,

I used my information on the location of Beth Shan by comparing older photos of the site from the book "Jehovah's Witnesses - Their Monuments to False Prophecy" by Ed Gruss. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, and maybe someone can post a scan of the 1963 aerial shot on page 88 of the book. This shot shows both the location I surmised and the location you stated. I stated Armin Way and you stated Avion Way and Lebarron. The photograph from the book I cited was taken in 1963 and shows the Armin Way street as being fully developed and the Lebarron Road/Avion way site as have only one housing complex on it. However, that housing complex is on the EAST side of Lebarron, yet the 1945 aerial photo of the complex (shown on page 74 of the same book) shows Beth Shan on the WEST side of the road.

Looking at the yahoo map below and the picture on page 88 of the book, one can clearly see the curvature of the road on Armin Way exactly matches the curvature of the road in the picture. I know you stated you visited the property, and I don't question that. HOWEVER, if you look at the last photo in my post which CLEARLY shows Beth Shan, you'll notice that the cul-de-sac starts to turn upward (West) in the photo which is exactly the way Avion Road turns in the yahoo map. Whereas the cul-de-sac on the site I thought was Beth Shan turns downward (East). No doubt you are correct in identifying the site. What bothers me is the 1963 photo in Gruss's book where the streets Lebarron and Avion are shown as almost totally undeveloped. More importantly, the end of the the Avion cul-de-sac where Beth Shan would be located shows only a couple of parked vehicles and NO homes. I have a headache!

1945 Photo of Beth Shan
    alt

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Why144000,

Below is a 1963 aerial Photo of the area where Beth Shan is located. Although the scan is of low resolution, the actual picture only shows ONE property (or complex) in the Lebarron Road and Avion Way area, and it is EAST, not WEST of Lebarron Road. The 1945 photo which I posted clearly shows Beth Shan on the WEST of the road and near the end of the cul-de-sac. Avion Way is in the MIDDLE of Lebarron Road, not near the end (to the South).

Farkel

Edited to resize the image for easier viewing

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

My brain hurts. What does it mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit