What's up with this??

by PointBlank 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

A friend called the other day and in the course of our conversation she mentioned that the JW's had worked her neighborhood (not her words) that morning. When they knocked on her door, she invited them inside where they proceeded to give their JW rhetoric (2 sisters). They discussed religion for awhile and then this friend mentioned that she knew someone that use to be a JW (moi). One of them asked who it was and my friend said they probably wouldn't recognize the name. But they insisted on finding out the name, so my friend said my name. Without saying another word (not goodbye, see ya later, nadda), they both stood up and walked out the door.

My question is this. Is there a new policy or something that forbids the JW's to speak to people that know former JW's? My friend said this was the strangest thing. She couldn't quite comprehend it.

PB

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is your middle name by any chance satan? That would explain it

S

• blondie
    blondie

PB, It depends sometimes on your status. Are you DF'd or DA'd or merely inactive? If one of the first two, I think leaving was a little extreme depending on what had bee discussed previously.

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, they were providing a fine witness to the paranoia in the society. My stepmom tells the Witnesses to come to the door that her daughter married a witness so she knows ALL about them so they can just move along. And they do! Quickly!

Those paranoid sisters probably had to run back to the car before they forgot your name, so that they can fink on you to the elders.

Not that the elder likely wants to do anything about it.

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

So... as far as any of you know, there's no new policy about non-JW's relationships with former JW's?

I just felt that their reaction was strange. The least they could have done is politely excused themselves.

BTW, I'm DA'ed. Have been for about 7 or 8 years now.

PB

• blondie
    blondie

PB, I just think that many JWs are ill equipped to discuss anything remotely negative about their religion. They think the non-JW is not equipped to deal with the superior WTS "reasoning." It could be that your friend had been presenting her/his ideas very well and this revelation confirmed to the JWs why they weren't make much headway with this person.

Your friend is better off, eh.

Blondie

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Oh yes, my friend is definitely better off!

I want to thank the ones that replied.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I'm surprised they gave up on your friend so easily. I'm also surprised they didn't go into their spiel about how all ex JWs are disgruntled and therefore can't be trusted.

They just left without so much as a goodbye? Dubs seem to be losing their fervor. Guess they need some more WT studies about witnessing to strangers.

• virgilles
    virgilles

that is bizarre, and messed up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit