Is anyone watching the Poland-England match tonight?

by Pole 4 Replies latest social current

• Pole
    Pole

What's your bet?

I'd say England 1:0 Poland.

(Much as I'd like it to be the other way round...)

Pole

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I,d say it will be 2-1 to England....you owe me a tenner!

• Pole
    Pole
    I,d say it will be 2-1 to England....you owe me a tenner!

Lol, fleaman. You're an expert! ---- My impressions: Ours is a rather poor and unstable team, everybody knows that. We may come at second in the group and qualify, but it's not that certain. But many people here had said before the match that England plays world-class football. I really didn't see too much of it yesterday. Yes, you were a better team, but winning thanks to a Polish own-goal shouldn't give Eriksson's boys too much confidence when they get to the finals. You'll get punished by other "world-class" teams, much to my sick satisfaction I'm just bitter. We've only beaten England once in the known history....

• Pole
    Pole

Blast from the past.

N. Ireland 1 : 0 England

Will Sven go now?

Poland's 5 points ahead of England. England's 2 games to make it up - including a game with the Poles. I hope they draw with Austria (I hope Austria gain confidence after they've drawn with the Azers today). Then, the match at Old Trafford will be fun. We'll be pissing our pants with laughter.

Ok, I hope we will at least qualify as runners up. Despite what the BBC site says it's not certain yet.

Don't bother to post replies - this is an old self-amusement thread.

Pole

• Simon
    Simon

LOL, I did start doubting myself when I saw the title ... was it N.I. I just watched?

Sven is useless IMO and always has been. Too defensive. We will never win anything with him in charge when we can't win friendlies, let alone WC Qualifiers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit