African JWs Not So Urgent?

by ezekiel3 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

How long are the media going to accept the JW news machine propagada? Check out this link for an African report of JW conventions.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200409070763.html

Notable was this quote from a JW:

"Emphasis was also put to children on how they can maintain good morals as the parents of tomorrow," said Mr Hunguka
    I guess Africa won't get Armeggedon as soon as the rest of the world eh?
  • LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Good Catch!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I worry about Africa as one of the great breeding grounds for future JW recruits. They have the social unrest. The Catholic church is a ready target, as they foolishly involve themselves in local politics, still. They don't have ready access to the internet and alternative information. With war and AIDS ravaging the lands, it really DOES seem like the end of the world.

I was hoping you were going to tell me that the Work was slowing down there. *sigh*

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the statistics on aids in africa are stunning like 1 in 5 will die from aids by 2010? something like that.. the famine and refugee situation in sudan is horrifying. starvation in ethiopia and other countries in africa is beyond comprehension.

they are in my prayers but really the situation is such that only God could fix it. think he'll pay any attn to their suffering or is he still waiting to give satan his time? pbbbbbbbblt glad satan rates such importance that the suffering of billions is worth giving him his time to show he cant rule.or whatever..

the whole situation over there tears me up because those arent numbers ...they are people.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Candidyluts, that brought tears to my eyes. Yes. I can't watch the news reports, because the damage to peoples' lives is so profound. It does come to our shores, too, so I think the "have" countries do have an obligation to help.

My son-in-law, for instance, is one of twelve siblings. Nine are dead. His mother and father are dead. All killed in violence in Africa. I don't think he will ever recover.

He loves Canada. The sound of a plane overhead does not spell B O M B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit