Does anyone here still go witnessing??

by The Thinker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

Hi there! Yes, does anyone in this board still go witnessing? I am married to a JW wife, ( a good woman to ! ) I have 2 young teenage girls, and we all go to most meetings all the time, I've known about the WTS Lies for a few years now, and I haven't gone to FS for about 3 years, I give a modest report to shutup the elders. Wifey go's to FS once every 3 months or so, and she takes the girls with her, everything is OK but I can see the girls tend to loose a bit of respect for me when they see me staying home and they go alone with mum, I am very sure that when they grow older they'll forget about the WTS I'll make sure of that, but untill then, I feel I should go along just so they can get a feeling that we are doing it together as a family. But I find it dame hard to face a person and preach what I know isn't true, so, does anyone here still go to FS and how do you do it??? Do I just offer the WT?? yuk! Maybe i just read them a verse from the bible?? any advice?

Please I am NOT interesting in anyone who doesn't understand my point, I do NOT want to DA myself, I feel its OK to keep going to meetings while ALL my friends and family are still JW"s etc.. etc..

• kls
    kls

What you do is you r choice. If you want to go out in service that is your choice and the fact that you know what the JWS are all about is great , that shows your head is not in the sand. My only thoughts are your kids that one day they will leave the JWS and as adults have some anger in them for all that they missed growing up . This is something i face with my kids not thinking that they would hold the things they missed against me and how they were hassled at school . If only i know now what i wish i could have known.

• RR
    RR

I still go witnessing, but not with the JW's

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I go Witnessing all my friends getting drunk (including me) and having some great times! I also go witnessing my wife getting naked in the bedroom so I can get some lovin!

As for door-to-door witnessing, I haven't done that in about 8 years.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I do, but It's token. Leaving 20-30 mags in Laudromats

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    the girls tend to loose a bit of respect for me when they see me staying home and they go alone with mum, I am very sure that when they grow older they'll forget about the WTS I'll make sure of that, but untill then, I feel I should go along just so they can get a feeling that we are doing it together as a family. But I find it dame hard to face a person and preach what I know isn't true, so, does anyone here still go to FS and how do you do it???

ick ... what a repulsive thought ... the hypocracy of the fs ...

I don't think the girls look at you with lowered respect, hun. I figure they are thinking, "sheesh! How come dad doesn't have to do this?" and they are thinking they can't wait till they are old enough to choose for themselves ... hehehe!!!

Love,

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit